HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Welcome & Help (Forum) » Icons.

Sat Feb 9, 2013, 12:14 PM

Icons.

What do the icons mean that are next to the title of the discussion threads. I see pencils, flames, red xs, locks, bars that look like rating bars and some others. Some I think are obvious, but not always.

2 replies, 625 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Icons. (Original post)
timdog44 Feb 2013 OP
cyberswede Feb 2013 #1
timdog44 Feb 2013 #2

Response to timdog44 (Original post)

Sat Feb 9, 2013, 12:39 PM

1. They indicate the status of the thread

The paper & pencil icon is for a regular thread (the replies all have a paper icon - no pencil).

The flame icon is for a "hot" thread - one with 50 replies or more.

A red x indicates the poster self-deleted the post (people can no longer reply in that thread).

A lock shows that the thread has been locked for not fitting the statement of purpose for the forum or group in which it was posted (people can no longer reply in that thread). Posts that have been auto-removed by the software also have a lock icon (when a newer poster is banned, their posts from the previous 12 hours are auto-removed).

The bars icon indicates a thread containing a poll that DUers can respond to - flaming bars indicate a poll thread with 50+ replies.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to cyberswede (Reply #1)

Sat Feb 9, 2013, 01:41 PM

2. Appreciate

your help in my learning curve. Sometimes its easy as you have shown me and sometimes hard as I have found out when I first started. Thanks again.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread