HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » History of Feminism (Group) » Ontario Gets Its First Wo...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Jan 27, 2013, 10:56 AM

Ontario Gets Its First Woman Premier And Canada's First Out LGBT Premier

Kathleen Wynne now leads Ontario's liberal party and becomes the province's first female premier. She also is married to a woman, making her Canada's first out LGBT premier.

With 1,150 votes to Sandra Pupatello's 866 votes on the third ballot at the Ontario Liberal leadership convention on Saturday, Kathleen Wynne was elected to lead the party and becomes Ontario's first female premier and Canada's first out LGBT premier.

Wynne, 59, is married to Jane Rounthwaite, and the party's new leader said she believed her sexual orientation would not be an issue in the race or going forward.

"The province has changed, our party has changed," she said earlier in the balloting. "I do not believe that the people of Ontario hold that prejudice in their hearts."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/ontario-gets-its-first-woman-premier-and-its-first

Excellent!

1 replies, 596 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ontario Gets Its First Woman Premier And Canada's First Out LGBT Premier (Original post)
boston bean Jan 2013 OP
ismnotwasm Jan 2013 #1

Response to boston bean (Original post)

Sun Jan 27, 2013, 04:05 PM

1. Woohoo

I love being a part of this point in history!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread