HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Activism » Occupy Underground (Group) » CNN: Should We Use (Weapo...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 10:10 AM

CNN: Should We Use (Weaponized) Drones in America?

Published on Feb 9, 2013

CNN's Erin Burnett asked whether or not law enforcement should use drones as they try to fine former cop turned revenge killer, Christopher Dorner. Is this what it's come to? Are drone attacks abroad so normalized that we can honestly ask if drones would be a good idea to use domestically? Cenk Uygur, Jimmy Dore (TYT Comedy) and Ben Mankiewicz (Turner Classic Movies) discuss Burnett's question and its implications.

2 replies, 578 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply CNN: Should We Use (Weaponized) Drones in America? (Original post)
Fire Walk With Me Feb 2013 OP
think Feb 2013 #1
Demeter Feb 2013 #2

Response to Fire Walk With Me (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 10:33 AM

1. It would not surprise me if targeted drone strikes on American soil happen

in the not so distant future.

I see way too many people willing to justify or dismiss the excessive use of force that already permeates American law enforcement and American culture.

If one just looks at the complacency to the 535 taser deaths since 2001 in the US it's obvious America's proverbial heart has blackened and violent force is accepted as normal police procedure:

535 Taser-Related Deaths in the United States Since 2001
January 12, 2013

Today we added 26-year old Andrew Layton (Mankato, MN) as the 184th taser-related death in America since 2009. .

According to Amnesty International, between 2001 and 2008, 351 people in the United States died after being shocked by police Tasers. Our blog has documented another 184 taser-related deaths in the United States in 2009-2012. That means there have been 535 documented taser-related deaths in America....

Full blog post:

http://electronicvillage.blogspot.com/2009/05/taser-related-deaths-in-united-states.html

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Fire Walk With Me (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:05 AM

2. Didn't Take that long, did it? One logical step after another....

Next step: fry the Occupiers.

I need an exit visa....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread