HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » "Non-partisan" ...

Mon Aug 13, 2012, 08:17 PM

"Non-partisan" push poll survey. Caller ID said "UTAH" (no phone number) - RED FLAG!

So I decided to answer it. The woman on the line rifled off her opening spiel about how it's a non-partisan survey conducted on behalf of an unnamed organization and wanted to know if I had about five minutes to spare. Here's how it unfolded.

Me: "Sure."

Her: "Are you registered to vote?" (obviously I was or I wouldn't have gotten the call)

Me: "Of course."

Her: "Would you say you are definitely going to, definitely not going to, or undecided as to whether to vote in the presidential election?" (RED FLAG)

Me: "Oh, definitely. I wouldn't miss it."

Her: "How would you describe your party affiliation? Republican, Independent, or Other?" (MAJOR RED FLAG!)

Me: "Oh, I'm a registered Republican." (this is true - only for strategic counter-voting in the primaries - I'm in a red county)

Her: "Great!" (RED FLAG) "On a scale of one to ten, with ten being the worst, how would you describe the negative impact ObamaCare has had on your household?"

Me: "Zero. It's only been positive."

Her: "We don't have a zero option." (RED FLAG)

Me: "Then skip the question."

Her: "The computer won't allow me to move on until the question is answered." (RED FLAG THE SIZE OF UTAH)

Me: "Fine. For the sake of curiosity, put me down as a one."

Her: "Okay. Now, given the continual decline in the economy, are you more likely to vote for Mitt Romney or another candidate?"

Me: (pause) "I wouldn't vote for Romney if he got on stage with me at Carnegie Hall and gave me a blow job in front of a full house."

Her: (VEEEEERRRRRYYY long pause)..... (click)

I'm assuming my opinions won't factor into their results. On the plus side, perhaps they won't call back! I really hate push polls.

9 replies, 1674 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply "Non-partisan" push poll survey. Caller ID said "UTAH" (no phone number) - RED FLAG! (Original post)
HopeHoops Aug 2012 OP
sakabatou Aug 2012 #1
HopeHoops Aug 2012 #2
LiberalFighter Aug 2012 #5
progressivebydesign Aug 2012 #7
Wellstone ruled Aug 2012 #3
Robyn66 Aug 2012 #4
madinmaryland Aug 2012 #6
progressivebydesign Aug 2012 #8
HopeHoops Aug 2012 #9

Response to HopeHoops (Original post)

Mon Aug 13, 2012, 08:19 PM

1. BWAHAHAH!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to sakabatou (Reply #1)

Mon Aug 13, 2012, 08:21 PM

2. Yeah, well, I actually feel sorry for her. It wasn't her fault. She's probably making $3/hr.

Reply to this post

Response to HopeHoops (Reply #2)

Tue Aug 14, 2012, 10:18 PM

5. Unless her church requires her to donate her time.

Reply to this post

Response to LiberalFighter (Reply #5)

Tue Aug 14, 2012, 10:38 PM

7. "UTAH" bingo. n/t

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 13, 2012, 08:34 PM

3. KSL-Desert News

typical poll. Love it,get these all the time,fun to spoof these fools. Usually a call center in some small town outside SLC.

Reply to this post

Tue Aug 14, 2012, 09:43 PM

4. Awesome!

That sounds like fun. I have done similar things. I will put on my best southern accent and just say that I come from a family of republicans (sad but true) and then just mess with them.

Reply to this post

Tue Aug 14, 2012, 10:25 PM

6. Heh! I gotta remember that one!

Reply to this post

Tue Aug 14, 2012, 11:57 PM

8. I had a nice kid all to poll me tonight from Ogden. Not a push poll.

But it was funny.. he started to ask "if you knew.... about (insert state dem candidate here,) would you still vote for him? And before he could start that part I said "Now is this the part where you say horrible things about the person I'm voting for, to change my mind? becuase if you are, I'm going to hang up." But he said "I don't think so.." and started laughing. And it wasn't a push poll after all.

When he asked if I was for President OBama or Romney, I said "I have a brain, so I'm voting for Obama." at the very least, I keep the poll-callers laughing and having a good time.

Reply to this post

Response to progressivebydesign (Reply #8)

Wed Aug 15, 2012, 08:30 AM

9. I like to answer in Russian.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread