HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Will the astute MSM media...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 03:59 PM

Will the astute MSM media ask this ONE question about Mitt's tax return debacle??

"In going through your VP short list, what type of tax return disclosure did you ask for or receive?"

There. Romney has released 2010, and guesstimated 2011 (but they're "working on it" according to Romny aka amending it as we speak.) He refuses to release any more of them because they will be "twisted" politically and used against him, the same logic he used to excuse the wiped hard drives from his Governorship, and no doubt why the Olympics records are sealed.

So is Romney going to say that he would choose a VP without fulling vetting them?? And what happens when the VP releases THEIR returns, but not the candidate? Inquiring minds want to know.. will the media ask this??

4 replies, 909 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Will the astute MSM media ask this ONE question about Mitt's tax return debacle?? (Original post)
progressivebydesign Aug 2012 OP
cleduc Aug 2012 #1
Kalidurga Aug 2012 #2
ProgressiveEconomist Aug 2012 #3
Kalidurga Aug 2012 #4

Response to progressivebydesign (Original post)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 04:10 PM

1. On camera, Mitt would nervously chuckle, state he wasn't sure and

then promise he'd get back to them.

Once off camera, "kiss my ass!"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to progressivebydesign (Original post)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 04:12 PM

2. I am going to give MSM some time on this. MSM has surprised me this week.

Fox scrolled that Mitt didn't pay taxes for 10 years. I don't know if they have done a story yet or not as I don't monitor them, but some people do and hopefully if FOX goes after Mitt hard on anything they will post. Our usual heroes are doing great take downs. I don't know who Dana Bash is, but apparently she works for CNN and has confirmed Reid's source or that their is good reason to believe there is one or more sources for the 10 years no taxes story. Lots of news sources say that Mitt had a very very bad week. So, much so that conservatives are having a hard time justifying the Mittster and have gone back to asking for Obama's grades and birth certificate, they have forgotten about the economy.

Reply to this post

Response to Kalidurga (Reply #2)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 06:40 PM

3. Sarah Palin in fact released 2 yrs of tax returns to the public

I had not seen this question addressed in the media, but a quick google found a comprehensive site at http://www.taxhistory.org/www/website.nsf/web/presidentialtaxreturns that has PDFs of many Presidents' and WH/VP candidates' returns back at least to Richard Nixon's, including Palin's 2006 and 2007 returns. The Bidens' returns are online for 2011 back to 1998, two years further than President Obama's,

Reply to this post

Response to ProgressiveEconomist (Reply #3)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 11:50 PM

4. Wow, I didn't know it was just two years.

But, then she wasn't really vetted in the first place so I shouldn't be surprised.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread