HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Oh God, Mitt's dumber tha...

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 09:17 PM

Oh God, Mitt's dumber than Sarah Palin -- my new meme.

We all need to start saying this to everyone we know.

Because he is, when push comes to shove. Palin is a lower middle class, not well-educated woman from a small town, I can understand why she is the way she is.

Mitt, for all of his education and family wealth, not to mention his "experience", debatable as that is, should at least have the common sense of a gnat. But he doesn't.

I intend to tell everyone I know, at any opportunity, the Mitt isn't Presidential material, because he is dumber than Sarah Palin.

Please use this, too!

2 replies, 1142 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Oh God, Mitt's dumber than Sarah Palin -- my new meme. (Original post)
Denninmi Aug 2012 OP
The Velveteen Ocelot Aug 2012 #1
Freddie Aug 2012 #2

Response to Denninmi (Original post)

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 09:41 PM

1. I don't think he's exactly stupid

in the sense of having a low IQ. He did, after all, graduate from the Harvard law and business schools. I doubt there is anything wrong with his ability to process data.

What is wrong with him, IMO, is his apparent inability to understand what happens in the real world with real people. He has spent his entire life isolated in various bubbles:

(1) The bubble of the Mormon Church, which is very insular. Mormons generally don't hang out very much with non-Mormons (whom they call "gentiles"). They keep to themselves and don't mix much with the "gentiles." I wouldn't go so far as to call them a cult, although some would, but Mormons are raised with a particular worldview and don't get much exposure to any others.

(2) The bubble of the very wealthy. Very, very rich people do not hang out at all with hoi polloi, except to communicate only to the extent necessary with their "inferiors" -- servants and tradespeople. Mittens only ever went to elite private schools; after graduation he lived in a mansion in France for a couple of years while trying unsuccessfully to convert French people to Mormonism (and conveniently avoiding the draft). After that, he just got richer and richer.

(3) The bubble of the politically well-connected. Mittens' dad was, of course, a big shot in Republican politics; he was the Governor of Michigan and a one-time candidate for the Republican nomination for President. As a result Mittens never had to grub around with the peons in grass-roots politics. He never had to run for lesser offices like city councilman or state legislator; instead, he was able to get himself elected governor of MA without ever having paid any dues politically (or associating with those little people).

(4) The bubble of the business executive. Once again, Mittens was able to avoid having to take an entry-level or even a middle-management position; he was able to start close to the top and before long became the CEO of Bain Capital, where he made an enormous amount of money and never had to deal with anybody except other people like him. And, as CEO, he was accustomed to calling the shots - he was in charge; he was not questioned; he got what he wanted.

Having spent his entire life in these bubbles, Mittens just doesn't know how to deal with people who are not like him. He is used to not having to disclose information or explain his actions. He seems completely unaware of how non-rich people live. So, although he is not stupid in the sense of being mentally impaired, he is astonishingly clueless - which makes him seem damned stupid, and has the same effect.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to The Velveteen Ocelot (Reply #1)

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 10:04 PM

2. Great analysis!

He's not stupid so much as cosseted. Has absolutely no concept of how us regular folk ("you people") live.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread