HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Gingrich says Romney was ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 03:23 PM

Gingrich says Romney was right on Palestinians

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/08/01/gingrich-says-romney-was-right-on-palestinians-as-candidate-tries-to-shift-attention-to-vp-pick/

Gingrich says Romney was right on Palestinians as candidate tries to shift attention to VP pick

Gingrich said Romney should have double-downed on the remarks.

“I wish that the elites of this country had the courage to look at the United Nations refugee camps and realize what an anti-human disaster those refuge camps are, how much they have been breeders of terrorism, how fundamentally wrong their design is and how much we’ve done a disservice to… the Palestinians by allowing them to be subjected to that kind of government run, totally inappropriate structure,” he said.

“I hope that Governor Romney will stick to his guns. Let’s have the argument.”

Whether or not Gingrich’s comments were well-intended, it’s likely they were unwelcome to the Romney campaign as they attempt to put the gaffe-prone overseas tour of the U.K., Israel and Poland behind them.

Newt is hilarious. He might as well have just said, "I'm still relevant, pleeeease, put me in the newspaper! Pleeeeeaase look at me!"

Also, calling critics of Romney "elite" is crazy - if an ivy-league, Governor's-son, multi-millionaire isn't "elite," I don't know what is.

And seriously. Refugee camps are a disaster because they're "government-run"? The fuck? What would be the profit-driven free-market solution? It's weird to try to shoehorn an anti-government message into this particular argument. Aren't refugee camps frequently run by NGOs anyway?

Poor Newt. He has a sad because nobody is paying attention to him anymore.

2 replies, 658 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Gingrich says Romney was right on Palestinians (Original post)
Lucy Goosey Aug 2012 OP
mazzarro Aug 2012 #1
liberal N proud Aug 2012 #2

Response to Lucy Goosey (Original post)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 03:29 PM

1. Wish he will ready to debate the UN refugee camps for Palestinians

and will like to see how he will absolve the US, UN and the Security Council, Western nations and Israel of the inhumanity of the continued sufferings of Palestinians while they dance around the so-called peace process to nowhere with the complicity of Arab nations like subservient Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Lucy Goosey (Original post)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 03:37 PM

2. All the radical republicans will trot out at defend Mittens.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread