HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Top Pa. elections officia...

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 02:16 AM

Top Pa. elections official (R) admits not knowing voter ID law!

HARRISBURG -- The top Pennsylvania elections official(R)conceded a lack of familiarity with the new voter ID law on Tuesday as she was questioned by attorneys challenging the requirement.

As testimony continued a fifth day in a lawsuit seeking to delay implementation of the law, an attorney for the challengers asked Secretary of the Commonwealth Carol Aichele for details -- such as past requirements for state identification and the magnitude of colleges without ID expiration dates -- that she was unable to provide.

When attorney David Gersch pressed for the particulars of one form of identification acceptable for voting, she responded: "I don't know what the law says."

Read more: link

3 replies, 724 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Top Pa. elections official (R) admits not knowing voter ID law! (Original post)
yortsed snacilbuper Aug 2012 OP
Proud Liberal Dem Aug 2012 #1
JoePhilly Aug 2012 #2
HopeHoops Aug 2012 #3

Response to yortsed snacilbuper (Original post)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 08:45 AM

1. Does anybody else (but us) have a problem with this?

Seems to me that our elected leaders ought to be, you know, READING THE BILLS THEY ARE VOTING FOR, SIGNING, and ENFORCING AND KNOW WHAT'S IN THEM!!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 09:23 AM

2. That statement alone should get the law thrown out.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 10:05 AM

3. Aichele is a tool, nothing more. Her numbers are such bullshit that even bulls wouldn't shit them.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread