HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » W. Mitt Romney is electab...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jul 19, 2012, 06:23 PM

W. Mitt Romney is electable.

Lest ye forget...

We live in a country in which, less than eight years ago, this person received enough votes to steal a second election.

Sorry about that.

I read the full Wikipedia article on Mitt Romney. He could have chosen the Democratic party quite easily; and if he had, regardless of everything I now know about him, I would be voting for him this November over whatever candidate the Republicans put up. And so would you. Most of the stuff we obsess over is going right past 40% of the people in this country who will vote for him just because he has an (R) after his name. They say they'll stay home, but there are local races too. They vote more... er... religiously than we do. They'll be going to the polls. All Mitt needs is half the independent voters. Who the hell knows what makes them tick or how much of this stuff is gonna stick. The point is, he is electable. If George W. Bush was "electable" after the country got to see him for four years, Romney is electable now.

So don't get overconfident, and remember: Obama needs 270 electoral votes. Romney may only need 269. If this gets thrown into the House of Representatives, anything could happen and the Supreme Court is still controlled by "Conservatives." I'd bet my right foot that the Romney camp is looking at the 269 scenario as a real possibility this year.

5 replies, 1365 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply W. Mitt Romney is electable. (Original post)
Flying Squirrel Jul 2012 OP
liberal N proud Jul 2012 #1
flpoljunkie Jul 2012 #3
HopeHoops Jul 2012 #2
Rosa Luxemburg Jul 2012 #5
RedStateLiberal Jul 2012 #4

Response to Flying Squirrel (Original post)

Thu Jul 19, 2012, 06:24 PM

1. What you are saying is Mr. Bain can buy/steal an election just like little bu$h did.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to liberal N proud (Reply #1)

Thu Jul 19, 2012, 06:43 PM

3. If it remains close, voter suppression may work for the Rethugs.

A disturbing thought, indeed.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 19, 2012, 06:25 PM

2. rMoney is worse than the shrub. He's not drunk 24x7 and he has an IQ > shoe size.

Reply to this post

Response to HopeHoops (Reply #2)

Thu Jul 19, 2012, 07:46 PM

5. voters are still supporting Romney

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 19, 2012, 07:38 PM

4. Bush was more likable.

Despite all the ways W hurt this country he still seemed like a guy -as they commonly say- you'd want to have a beer with. Rmoney seems like everyone's boss they've had who they couldn't stand. In the GOP priimaries he came across as nervious, twitchy, evasive and defensive. I really think a lot of people, perhaps most, vote based on who they relate to the most personally. How could anybody but the 1% relate to Rmoney?

I have a hard time believeing people are buying his crap. Too many lies have (and will) be exposed. His avoidance of the tax return issue shows his (and his wife's) arrogance and elitism.

I'm not overconfident, but if he does somehow manage to win it will be fishy.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread