HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Can someone point me to a...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 07:36 PM

Can someone point me to a link about where the ACA says...

.. then the 'fines and penalties are waived' for not buying insurance? Ed had it on, but I didn't hang on to it.

1 replies, 586 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Can someone point me to a link about where the ACA says... (Original post)
Rosco T. Jun 2012 OP
unblock Jun 2012 #1

Response to Rosco T. (Original post)

Wed Jun 27, 2012, 07:40 PM

1. is this what you're looking for?

Also, although the ACA requires people to maintain health insurance or else pay a penalty, the law allows a series of exemptions and special considerations, meaning that millions of individuals could be exempt from the requirement to maintain coverage.

The mandateís exemptions cover a variety of people, including: members of certain religious groups and Native American tribes; undocumented immigrants (who are not eligible for health insurance subsidies under the law); incarcerated individuals; people whose incomes are so low they donít have to file taxes (currently $9,500 for individuals and $19,000 for married couples); and people for whom health insurance is considered unaffordable (where insurance premiums after employer contributions and federal subsidies exceed 8% of family income).

http://healthreform.kff.org/notes-on-health-insurance-and-reform/2012/march/the-individual-mandate-how-sweeping.aspx

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread