HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Richard Carmona: Birther ...

Sat May 26, 2012, 03:04 PM

Richard Carmona: Birther stunts symptom of larger problem

Richard Carmona was an independent who served as surgeon general under a Republican president, but is now running as a Democrat for Senate.

... When I travel around Arizona, I constantly hear how frustrated people are by a lack of leadership from our elected officials. Things have gotten so bad in our state that a lot of folks I meet have lost faith that our political process can get anything done.

We can get back to being a state that solves big problems. Arizona can be state with sustainable economic growth, first-rate public schools and a strong public health system – and we can do all that with significantly more fiscal discipline than we are seeing from the capitol today.

The potential is there. But first, we need to make some choices.

Our leaders need to make the simple choice for commonsense and core competency over bizarre publicity stunts that may get you on television, but are an embarrassment to our state. And as voters, we all need to make the decision that we’re going to reward behavior that moves this state forward and ignore the sideshows that block progress ...

http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2012/05/24/richard-carmona-arizona-birther-stunts-symptom-of-larger-problem/

3 replies, 1050 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Richard Carmona: Birther stunts symptom of larger problem (Original post)
struggle4progress May 2012 OP
southernyankeebelle May 2012 #1
struggle4progress May 2012 #2
southernyankeebelle May 2012 #3

Response to struggle4progress (Original post)

Sat May 26, 2012, 03:09 PM

1. Gee he sounds like he has sound judgement. Oh well forget AZ loves the side shows.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to southernyankeebelle (Reply #1)

Sat May 26, 2012, 03:19 PM

2. He was Bush's Surgeon General

He's trying to become the Dem's candidate for Senate: I guess we'll know 28 August

Reply to this post

Response to struggle4progress (Reply #2)

Sat May 26, 2012, 03:49 PM

3. Yep, I hope he does well.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread