HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » House Votes - again - To ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Jul 17, 2013, 08:06 PM

House Votes - again - To Delay Obamacare Individual Mandate

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/17/house-obamacare-delay_n_3613331.html?ref=topbar

WASHINGTON (AP) House Republicans pressed ahead Wednesday on delaying key components of President Barack Obama's signature health care law, emboldened by the administration's concession that requiring companies to provide coverage for their workers next year may be too complicated.

The House voted to delay the law's individual mandate by a vote of 251-174. It also voted to back the delay of the employer mandate by a vote of 264-161.

The votes marked the 38th time the GOP majority has tried to eliminate, defund or scale back the program since Republicans took control of the House in January 2011.

The votes were a chance to score political points, as the legislation is going nowhere in the Democratic-controlled Senate. Still, public unease with the law and the Republican attacks clearly caused consternation at the White House.
(more)

4 replies, 822 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply House Votes - again - To Delay Obamacare Individual Mandate (Original post)
Bill USA Jul 2013 OP
zbdent Jul 2013 #1
zipplewrath Jul 2013 #2
BlueDemKev Jul 2013 #3
Arkana Jul 2013 #4

Response to Bill USA (Original post)

Wed Jul 17, 2013, 08:52 PM

1. Isn't the "individual mandate" the part that the Heritage Foundation pretty much demanded

be put in the ACA? That the people getting the "free" health care (as the RWers claim) have SOME obligation to pay?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to zbdent (Reply #1)

Thu Jul 18, 2013, 05:10 PM

2. Alot of things

There were alot of things in the ACA that were practically right out of the Heritage play book. As I recall, someone admitted after it was passed that there was a "gag order" of sorts over at Heritage. They weren't suppose to comment AT ALL. They didn't want to appear supportive, but it was so filled with things they wanted, they didn't want to particularly oppose it either.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2013, 10:59 PM

3. *SNORE*

Wake me up when the House of Reps. does something meaningful.

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 19, 2013, 10:40 AM

4. Wait, wait wait...I thought they WANTED the law to be implemented quickly

so everyone would hate it and it would become unpopular? Is this more mental gymnastics from these jackholes?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread