HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Who doctored a White Hous...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue May 14, 2013, 04:28 PM

Who doctored a White House email?

CNN appears to have undermined a scoop that damaged the White House

BY JOAN WALSH

Was ABC News used by someone with an ax to grind against the State Department? It looks possible. A key email in its “scoop” that the administration’s “talking points” on Benghazi had been changed a dozen times came from White House national security communications adviser Ben Rhodes. It seemed to confirm that the White House wanted the talking points changed to protect all agencies’ interests, “including those of the State Department,” in the words of the email allegedly sent by Rhodes.

But CNN’s Jake Tapper reveals that Rhodes’ email didn’t mention the State Department, and doesn’t even seem to implicitly reference it. The email as published by Karl differs significantly from the original obtained by Tapper.

According to ABC’s Jonathan Karl, Rhodes weighed in after State Department’s Victoria Nuland, who expressed concerns about the way the talking points might hurt “my building’s leadership.” ABC quotes Rhodes saying:

We must make sure that the talking points reflect all agency equities, including those of the State Department, and we don’t want to undermine the FBI investigation. We thus will work through the talking points tomorrow morning at the Deputies Committee meeting.

full article:
http://www.salon.com/2013/05/14/who_doctored_a_white_house_email/

4 replies, 986 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Who doctored a White House email? (Original post)
DonViejo May 2013 OP
graham4anything May 2013 #1
emulatorloo May 2013 #2
DonViejo May 2013 #4
longship May 2013 #3

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Tue May 14, 2013, 04:30 PM

1. Roger and Nydia? Did history regurgitate itself again?

What did Roger know and when did he know it?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue May 14, 2013, 04:52 PM

2. Well now we have a REAL Benghazi scandal. GOP operatives fucking with the truth.

Reply to this post

Response to emulatorloo (Reply #2)

Tue May 14, 2013, 05:16 PM

4. Maybe...

at this point it could just have easily been a disgruntled Dem pissed off at former SoS Clinton and/or the President

Reply to this post

Tue May 14, 2013, 05:10 PM

3. Doctor Who doctored a White House e-mail????

I wish I had a Tardis. I'd be the Doctor Who who doctored e-mails. But they'd be GW Bush e-mails which would have resulted in prison terms for all the Bush neocons.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread