HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Good news for Rob Zerban ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 07:19 AM

Good news for Rob Zerban (running against Paul Ryan in Wisconsin District 1)

http://cognidissidence.blogspot.com/2012/04/good-news-from-rob-zerban.html

email from Rob's campaign excerpted..

Today we announced our strongest fundraising quarter of the 2012 cycle and I wanted to make sure your heard about it.

In the 1st quarter of 2012 the campaign raised $326,000, for a total raised this cycle of $840,000!! This far exceeded our internal goal and is more than 3 times what Paul Ryan’s previous challengers raised, combined.

92% of our fundraising was from individuals like you; the people who believe in our campaign and know just what is at stake this November.

We are overwhelmed by the continued support of people who are fed up with Paul Ryan’s 14 years of poor decisions. This shows us that you all know we need leaders who listen to the people, not just the corporations, and who put your needs above Wall Street.

As our campaign momentum continues to grow we will ensure we have the resources to let every voter in the 1st Congressional District know there is a clear choice this November – a choice between having a leader with real world experience and Wisconsin values and having a Washington insider continue to put the 1st Congressional District last.

Thank you all so much for your continued support and encouragement. On to November.
That is quite the hopeful sign for his campaign, and one which is well deserved.

and from the article...

He told me about the wide amount of support that he has gotten, being understandably very proud of having a personally signed guitar from Joan Jett, who donated it to Zerban's campaign in order to help get Ryan out of office and into the unemployment line where he's put so many of his constituents and other Wisconsinites.

There was one thing that came out of my conversation with Rob that will stick with me for life. He asked how things were going for me and my family. At the time, I was feeling pretty salty, because my wife had just lost her job and things were looking exceptionally bleak for us. I pointed out that between Scott Walker's attack on workers and my wife's situation, we were losing over $1,000 a month, which we depended on to keep ourselves afloat until we could get Walker out and restore some resemblance of sanity to our state.

That's when he blew my mind. Rob told me NOT to send him any money. He said that even though he is going up against the big bank accounts of Ryan's supporters, he would not feel right taking money from me while I was just trying to keep a roof over our heads.

I have never heard any politician of any political party say anything like that. Hell, I'm used to Scott Walker literally stealing my money in order to promote his political purposes. And I no that there is no way in hell that Paul Ryan would have said that to anyone.

http://www.robzerban.com

16 replies, 2984 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 16 replies Author Time Post
Reply Good news for Rob Zerban (running against Paul Ryan in Wisconsin District 1) (Original post)
Scuba Apr 2012 OP
charmay Apr 2012 #1
BlueToTheBone Apr 2012 #2
hue Apr 2012 #3
midnight Apr 2012 #4
southernyankeebelle Apr 2012 #5
The Wielding Truth Apr 2012 #6
southernyankeebelle Apr 2012 #9
The Wielding Truth Apr 2012 #13
southernyankeebelle Apr 2012 #14
WI_DEM Apr 2012 #8
southernyankeebelle Apr 2012 #10
Scuba Apr 2012 #11
southernyankeebelle Apr 2012 #12
WI_DEM Apr 2012 #7
donco Apr 2012 #15
eridani Apr 2012 #16

Response to Scuba (Original post)

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 08:25 AM

1. Zerban seems like a good person.

It would be such a coup to oust Ryan.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 08:51 AM

2. Best of luck to Rob Zerban. n/t

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 09:02 AM

3. Sweet news!! a harbinger of things to come!!! n/t

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 09:30 AM

4. Scott Walker's attack on Milwaukee Co. workers needs to be remedied.

Making Milwaukee Co. workers pay for their retirement is wrong... Those workers took those jobs with that benefit and when Walker was leaving the Co. he made the workers start paying for their own retirement... He doubled their insurance deductibles. Plus Insurance co. makes county workers pay 30 a co-pay... I can see why families are losing 1,000 a month...

I do hope the good people have had enough of Ryan's attack on the middle class and poor... Any traction of giving out free subs for votes for Mit?

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 09:54 AM

5. Is it true that Ryan is in a democrat area and he kept getting voted in. Why? What are the chances

of this guy defeating Ryan? I hope this guy can beat him.

Reply to this post

Response to southernyankeebelle (Reply #5)

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 10:27 AM

6. "democrat area"? Unless you are a troll please say Democratic area. A person is a Democrat.Thanks.

Republican misuse Democrat to insult us as if the things we do are not democratic. It is the twisting and changing of yet another word to demean the principle meaning and intent of our purpose. Thanks for keeping the usage and meaning of our Party Name and purpose strong and uncorrupted.

Reply to this post

Response to The Wielding Truth (Reply #6)

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 01:33 PM

9. Lighten up buddie am not a troll. If you feel demeaned,sorry. Remember sticks and stones.........

Who gives a shit what they think. They don't like it when I say teabagger. So what I still say it.

Reply to this post

Response to southernyankeebelle (Reply #9)

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 07:30 PM

13. Refuse to play their game.They called themselves"Teabaggers"and they tagged us the "Democrat" Party.

I refuse to let them rename me.

Reply to this post

Response to The Wielding Truth (Reply #13)

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 08:52 PM

14. Good going.

Reply to this post

Response to southernyankeebelle (Reply #5)

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 11:19 AM

8. No, it is a swing district that actually got a little bit more GOP in the last reaportionment.

Reply to this post

Response to WI_DEM (Reply #8)

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 01:35 PM

10. Thank you. I had heard it was a dem area. So I guess he'll get reelected. God forbid if

they get rid of the pretty boy.

Reply to this post

Response to southernyankeebelle (Reply #10)

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 04:27 PM

11. Ryan is very much at risk. The People of Wisconsin will not sit on their hands in November.

Reply to this post

Response to Scuba (Reply #11)

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 05:28 PM

12. Good I was hoping that he would be at risk.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 11:18 AM

7. Ryan wll have tons of money, good that Zerban will have a decent amount

to run a strong challenge.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 11:59 PM

15. I hope there

is a goodly amount of seniors in his area.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 15, 2012, 02:11 AM

16. I donated to him when he came out with a strong defense of Medicare

That should be a key issue for all Dems this year.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread