HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » I appreciate Rep. Ellison...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Feb 27, 2013, 02:50 AM

I appreciate Rep. Ellisonís effort to shut that piece of shit Hannity up tonight..

but I think he let it turn into to much of a yelling match. We have the facts on our side,( for instance on the Deficit) and Ellison should have perhaps stopped Hannity in his tracks and shoved the fucking truth in his face.

From Politifact .

The final Congressional Budget Office baseline deficit projection before Obama took office -- noted in table 5 in this January 2009 CBO report -- showed a fiscal year 2009 deficit of $1.19 trillion.

That figure doesnít account for any of Obamaís own spending initiatives, such as the stimulus bill. But the deficit grew quickly under Obama: The fiscal 2009 deficit rose to $1.41 trillion and has remained above $1 trillion annually ever since.

But compared to what Obama inherited, the annual deficit has gone down slightly. CBO projects that for fiscal 2012, which has just ended, the fiscal 2012 deficit will be $1.09 trillion

6 replies, 1465 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply I appreciate Rep. Ellisonís effort to shut that piece of shit Hannity up tonight.. (Original post)
busterbrown Feb 2013 OP
Spitfire of ATJ Feb 2013 #1
JHB Feb 2013 #4
Spitfire of ATJ Feb 2013 #5
LiberalFighter Feb 2013 #2
lunatica Feb 2013 #3
Arkana Feb 2013 #6

Response to busterbrown (Original post)

Wed Feb 27, 2013, 04:54 AM

1. In a recent poll it turns out the rich are obsessed with the deficit....

The rest of us consider jobs and the economy to be more important.

But since the rich OWN Washington what we see is Democrats bragging that they can cut the deficit, lay off more workers and increase profits for the rich better than Republicans.

Mainly because the people who would scream the loudest if Republicans did it are part of their base and will support the effort.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Spitfire of ATJ (Reply #1)

Thu Feb 28, 2013, 10:05 AM

4. Correction: obesessed with low taxes & high profit. Their worry about the deficit does not extend...

...to accepting higher top-end taxation, nor to accepting higher overhead (reducing profits) by paying higher wages to give employees more spending power to stimulate the economy through "free market" means.

If the deficit is a WW2-grade threat and the biggest share of it was incurred by the Bush tax cuts, then maybe WW2-grade taxation is in order. Or at least the fraction-of-WW2-rates that existed under Clinton.

But the "obsessed with the deficit" people seem to have other priorities than reducing it.

Reply to this post

Response to JHB (Reply #4)

Thu Feb 28, 2013, 11:47 AM

5. Some of them honestly believe government could make a profit if they ran it.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 27, 2013, 05:48 PM

2. Ellison made a mistake comparing him to a journalist.

Reply to this post

Response to LiberalFighter (Reply #2)

Thu Feb 28, 2013, 07:20 AM

3. Yeah

Comparing him to a sack of shit would have been more appropriate.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 28, 2013, 12:09 PM

6. Hannity's one of those schmucks who needs yelling at.

We tried being calm and rational; it didn't work.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread