HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » BOEHNER DEFENDS DECISION ...

Tue Feb 26, 2013, 11:39 PM

BOEHNER DEFENDS DECISION TO REMAIN ON ASS

Minutes after telling the United States Senate to “get off their ass” to avoid the deep spending cuts that will take effect this Friday, House Speaker John Boehner called an impromptu press conference to announce his intention of remaining on his ass “for the foreseeable future.”

“The United States Senate is showing contempt for the American people by refusing to get off their ass,” a defiant Mr. Boehner told reporters. “And the only fitting way for me to protest their reckless behavior is by remaining on my ass for as long as humanly possible.”

“Take a good look, ladies and gentlemen of the press,” he said, before leaving the lectern in a huff. “This is the last you’ll see of old John Boehner off his ass.”

Mr. Boehner’s words drew a strong rebuke from Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who said that Mr. Boehner’s suggestion that the Senate get off their ass while he remained on his “seems like the height of hypocrisy, ass-wise.”

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/02/boehner-defends-decision-to-remain-on-ass.html#ixzz2M4TJr6Yi

2 replies, 736 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply BOEHNER DEFENDS DECISION TO REMAIN ON ASS (Original post)
Zorro Feb 2013 OP
MichiganVote Feb 2013 #1
Wounded Bear Feb 2013 #2

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Tue Feb 26, 2013, 11:40 PM

1. BOEHNER is an ass. Even his own party knows it. But that's not sayin' much.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Tue Feb 26, 2013, 11:49 PM

2. Had to really look close.....

for Borowitz's name in that link.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread