HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Obama-care Out of Money
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 11:56 AM

Obama-care Out of Money

Does anyone know about this? My cousin is posting something from Mike Hukabee (I don't know why anyone would trust that greedy sorry excuse) saying Obama-care is out of money. I'd like to respond, but can't find anything except RW stuff.

6 replies, 1325 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obama-care Out of Money (Original post)
SciFiRK Feb 2013 OP
Mass Feb 2013 #1
Sunlei Feb 2013 #2
kestrel91316 Feb 2013 #3
Myrina Feb 2013 #4
zipplewrath Feb 2013 #5
Zoeisright Feb 2013 #6

Response to SciFiRK (Original post)

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 12:00 PM

1. A simple google search leads you to this link

This is probably what you are talking about, so it is not Obamacare, but the temporary program for preexisting conditions that is apparently having financial problems. So, if anything, it shows it is important to quickly implement fully Obamacare.

http://health.yahoo.net/news/s/nm/special-insurance-program-for-the-sick-suspends-enrollment#.UR8F5oBb_eI.email

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 12:31 PM

2. noticed the republican media sites claiming they will try to ruin Americas newist 'healthcare' by

blocking, obstructing, any type of funding for "Obamacare"

To hell with the republicans who hate Americans so much they obstruct everything decent for Americans. And to heck with their media shills who start posting the stupid media 'talking point' of "OMG Obamacare is out of money, OMG"

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 12:40 PM

3. That's not possible. Obamacare is aka the Affordable Care Act, which is a piece of

legislation, so it doesn't HAVE money to "run out of".

But thank you for your breathless concern about this nonsense.

Reply to this post

Response to kestrel91316 (Reply #3)

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 12:56 PM

4. Really, must you be so snarky?

The OP was simply asking for input on something he/she heard (which I also read on my local news site yesterday).

Its a fair question, and it wasn't stated in an inflammatory or "breathless" manner.

Reply to this post

Response to kestrel91316 (Reply #3)

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 01:02 PM

5. Slow down Jasper

There is alot of funding to enable the ACA, amongst it are the CHC's, the temporary funding for pre-existing conditions, subsidies for businesses that supply health care, and subsidies for individuals in lower income brackets.

Assuredly the articles to which the OP is referring are about the shortfalls for the pre-exisiting condition insurance to carry us through 2014. Although there have been a few articles recently about how the cost of premiums to some (mostly younger) individuals is going up drastically in the next couple of years. That can drive up the costs to the government as it affects subsidies.

Strangely, we haven't heard much about the CHC's, even with respect to the sequestration, which leads me to believe that they are somehow protected, or alternately funded.

But don't kid yourself, the GOP still strives to try to undermine ACA by restricting budgeting to be able to enact many of its features. They know if the voters get used to many of the features, they won't want to give them up.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 04:51 PM

6. The correct terms are:

Affordable Care Act.

and

Mike Fuckabee.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread