HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Obama Rolls Into North Ca...

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 05:12 PM

Obama Rolls Into North Carolina and Challenges Decades of Republican Minimum Wage Myths

http://www.politicususa.com/obama-north-carolina-minimum-wage.html

Obama Rolls Into North Carolina and Challenges Decades of Republican Minimum Wage Myths

By: Jason Easley
Feb. 13th, 2013

President Obama did something significant that could change the lives of millions today. In Asheville, NC, the president linked raising the minimum wage to creating jobs.

The president began by saying the economy is still not where it needs to be. He said it is our job as Americans to restore the basic bargain that says you can get ahead by working hard and meeting your responsibilities. Obama calls the middle class the true engine of our economic growth. The president repeated his three questions related to jobs in his State of the Union. He said, “That’s part of the reason why I said last night that it is time for an increase in the minimum wage.”

He discussed the role of expanding expanding education from pre-school to college. The president also said, “I believe in manufacturing. I think it makes our country stronger.” Obama talked about the recovery of manufacturing in Asheville.

Obama is challenging decades of Republicans lies and mythology centered around the false belief that raising the minimum wage destroys jobs.

snip//

Most of the mainstream media isn’t getting it, but President Obama has stealthily launched an effort that could boost the economy, and sink the Republicans.

The focus is on the big issues of guns and immigration, but it might be the minimum wage issue that impacts the most lives and determines the outcome of the 2014 election.

http://www.politicususa.com/obama-north-carolina-minimum-wage.html

3 replies, 712 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obama Rolls Into North Carolina and Challenges Decades of Republican Minimum Wage Myths (Original post)
babylonsister Feb 2013 OP
Zoeisright Feb 2013 #1
octoberlib Feb 2013 #2
Kingofalldems Feb 2013 #3

Response to babylonsister (Original post)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 05:33 PM

1. Well, finally someone calls it like it is.

Repuke LIES. The word "myth" is ridiculous. It's a lie.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Zoeisright (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:58 PM

2. +1

Reply to this post

Response to babylonsister (Original post)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 07:21 PM

3. That lie came from one of the republican

think tanks.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread