HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Rubio's Response

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:04 AM

Rubio's Response

I have watched as Rubio has risen up the food chain of the GOP, as I can still recall when he was first elected to serve in the Florida Congress many years ago. Last night, if you closed your eyes and listened to what Rubio said, you would of sworn it was Mitt Romney talking, as the same Republican message was being uttered by Rubio, but it had been repackaged by the GOP. I heard very little difference between what Rubio uttered and what Romney and Ryan lied to the American people about on the campaign trail. If this was the GOP's attempt to re-brand itself as being more in tune with middle america, the minority population etc..then IMO they fell flat on their faces. While I still think that Rubio could be a viable candidate for the GOP in 2016, I am very interested to watch as his background in Florida politics becomes scrutinized more closely by the national media. The GOP 2016 nomination is going to be ugly, they are literally going to tear up each other up, Ryan, Rubio, Paul, Christie, Santorum and perhaps Perry are going to be forced to go to the extreme right again to win the nomination, as they are going to need the Teabagger backing to win in South Carolina at the start of the primaries.

1 replies, 726 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Rubio's Response (Original post)
Mojo2 Feb 2013 OP
Dpm12 Feb 2013 #1

Response to Mojo2 (Original post)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:07 AM

1. I watched it