HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Not impressed with Marco ...

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 10:43 PM

Not impressed with Marco Rubio.

This is really the first time I've heard him speak. He sounds like a lightweight. I still don't see how he's a viable candidate in 2016.

4 replies, 964 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Not impressed with Marco Rubio. (Original post)
Drunken Irishman Feb 2013 OP
NRaleighLiberal Feb 2013 #1
dkf Feb 2013 #2
Proud Liberal Dem Feb 2013 #3
Cosmocat Feb 2013 #4

Response to Drunken Irishman (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 10:45 PM

1. Republicans should never try to act forthright, honest, or concerned. Looked just like a

dude on the late night used car ads on my teevee! or any bad infomercial.....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 10:55 PM

2. Yes...no gravitas.

I can't take him seriously.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:11 PM

3. Drunken Irishman..........is not impressed!

Guess the Republicans need to find another savior, eh?

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:00 AM

4. He is part of the new age republican

his whole life now, for the most part, he has been assimilated into the right wing, AM radio bullshit.

It is all he knows, and as someone with hungry political aspirations he knows the power of the republican brand as a means of advancing politically.

But, like Ryan and Paul and a lot of these other younger twits, they have some looks and the ability to speak well, but have come to know what exists in the republican bubble as reality. VERY small world and very little capacity to think outside what they have been programmed to believe.

It is fun to have guffaws about it now, but he remains their big hope.

They will allow immigration reform to happen, will bizarrely scream how if it had been done as the President suggested it would have destroyed the country while in fact advancing what he has advocated for in near complete entirety, while pointing at Rubio as the great leader of immigration reform.

Then, find a way to get him on the ticket in 2016 thinking they will have done what they needed to do to con enough hispanics into voting against their own interests like the rest of their party.

He is a twit, but no more of a twit than Bush II. They will talk breathlessly about him and the "liberal media" will carry that water like they do with everything else republican.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread