HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Joe is such a douche
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 08:20 AM

Joe is such a douche

He was just talking to Cokie Roberts about "entitlements" and said, "We had Paul Krugman on last week and he's all like (not worried about Medicare and Soc. Sec.) and he has all these apostles and bloggers..." Then Joe made a HUGELY clever remark about repugs denying science and libs denying math. Then they all had an asinine laugh. It's so frustrating for people to stick to their "stunningly shallow" knowledge of an issue and not try to do better for the viewing public.

16 replies, 1944 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Camballo (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 08:27 AM

1. "Stunningly shallow"

is what Mika's dad once said, on air, about joe's thoughts on Israel relations back in 2008. It's well worth a YouTube search and viewing if you've never seen it. I just heard of it on here last week and checked it it out and ouch is all I can say.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 08:27 AM

2. He is propaganda disguised

The republicans are hell bent on their radical agenda--to make the government small enough to drown in a bathtub.

He focuses on "entitlements" to the poor rather than the "entitlements" we hand out to the rich (tax breaks for Exxon for one).

And, because of their ability to lie to the American people with cover and legitimacy provided by the media/propaganda machine--those radical ideas become spoken almost as if they are normal.

I don't know what they expect seniors to do when their healthcare and social security are gone? I don't know what they expect those retirees who counted on their pensions to do when they gut their pensions?

We are not loud enough without the media.

Reply to this post

Response to Evergreen Emerald (Reply #2)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 08:37 AM

3. Media oughta write us an apology

Because after letting us down soooooooo much after 9/11, shouldn't they feel awful? Shouldn't their collective guilt and acknowledgement of such a mistake cause them to strive to do better? But I guess they are just news readers, not reporters and thinkers. Woe is us.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 08:37 AM

4. the difference between Joe's show and Chris Hayes show is startling. Look at the

old farts recycling the same old shit on Joe's show and then look at Up with Chris Hayes. His panels are diverse: women, Latinos, African Americans, and a myriad of folks from Middle Eastern countries, India and Africa. Most of them younger, by my rough estimation.

And yet, look at Chris's show last Saturday. Two women in their 70s talking about Feminism. Now THAT's MY generation! Gloria Steinem and Marlo Thomas were sensational. And on Sunday, a deeply intelligent, coherent, sensible discussion with Paul Krugman talking about the economy and the phenomenon of Beltway Insiders all falling into line on the need to cut social programs.

Today's 6 am panel was disgusting. I've never seen Cokie Roberts look so bad. And she said nothing. Steele was just rubber stamping Joe. What a fraudster! Mark Halperin was basically there to promote Mark Halperin, as usual.

Reply to this post

Response to CTyankee (Reply #4)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 08:51 AM

5. Cokie needs to stay off AM TV

A couple of cucumber slices would have done nothing for her puffiness. Once again though, I am having fun criticizing the bags under a woman's eyes, not a man's. Joe has serious eye baggage himself. ... But seriously Cokie needed ice bags, anti-inflammatories and five more hours of sleep. I succumbed to my cultural bias; please forgive.

Reply to this post

Response to Camballo (Reply #5)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 08:55 AM

6. I am an older woman and I use an Aloe Vera lotion on my face. It's cheap and it

takes away redness and softens the wrinkles. That could help Cokie's aging face. I dunno about the bags under her and Joe's eyes. I don't have that problem but I am sure there are some cosmetic remedies. Maybe if she knocked off the Jim Beam the night before it would help...

Reply to this post

Response to Camballo (Reply #5)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 04:25 PM

16. HA, HA! Funny That!

My husband says he reminds him of Mr. Magoo. When he said that, I took notice & had to agree with him.

Sorry with the late reply... just was reading all the posts here. Was in a hurry earlier.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 09:47 AM

7. Joe lies daily about Social Security

and no one on his show has the guts to call him on it. Yet when Krugman was there Joey didn't mention SS once because he knew Krugman would nail him on his lie.

Reply to this post

Response to One of the 99 (Reply #7)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:01 AM

8. some panelists have confronted him on SS. It's Medicare that Joe really focuses on but

when he's not talking to Steve Rattner or Dr. Jeffrey Katz he falls back into his SS cant.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:09 AM

9. Joe who? please provide a full name and link to the show. tabloid politics are full of douches.

Reply to this post

Response to Sunlei (Reply #9)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 12:01 PM

12. Joe Scarborough, Morning Show On MSNBC

From 6:00 A.M to 9:00 A.M. The Joe Scarborough Show, or Mornings With Joe.

He's a former (R) representative from my state here in Florida. Left politics some time back, but at times does attack R's of today. Not MY cup of tea OR Joe!

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:57 AM

10. Cokie Roberts Is Also A Douche... IMO

I rarely see her much anymore, but if one were to check her out, one would find a lot that would be disturbing. That is, unless she's changed in the last 10 years. She may have seemed more sensible today, but I liken her to Mary Landrieu (sp) of LA. Even though she & her husband are long time Democrats, they have their finger in many pies that make them LOTS of money!

I didn't check her out presently, but I know her family goes back a very long time when it comes to politics. Blue Dog or maybe way back, Yellow Dog Democrats. But then, I'm a liberal, however I also know that whether I like it or not my views are to the left of almost everyone in Congress. So compromise is a word that's quite familiar to me.

Reply to this post

Response to ChiciB1 (Reply #10)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 01:40 PM

13. Thanks, ChiciB. I'm not a fan of MSNBC, but they are a heck of a lot better than fox lies.

I think this whole topic was created to link the "entitlement" word to our couple of solid American benefits.

It's that douchey republican media game that they spend a lot of $$ on.

Reply to this post

Response to Sunlei (Reply #13)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 04:21 PM

15. Well, Generally I Watch Current Or Alternative Channels...

However, since Current is fairly new in my area, I watched MSNBC for quite some time. I haven't watched CNN in several years either. I have refused to watch FOX, but my husband does check them out from time to time... just for a laugh or a jaw dropping experience.

I told him that what FAUX News reports is generally found elsewhere, but he still gets a kick out of it. It took me 20 years to FINALLY get him seriously interested in political news, so I don't LOL at him.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 12:01 PM

11. Alerting. Why do you need to denigrate douches with such analogies?

Reply to this post

Response to cleanhippie (Reply #11)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 03:01 PM

14. Thanks for calling me on that.

I hope all of doucheland can forgive.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread