HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Bummer, Jim Greer pleads ...

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 01:37 PM

Bummer, Jim Greer pleads guilty in Florida

Ousted Florida Republican Party chairman Jim Greer has decided to plead guilty to theft and money laundering before his trial could begin Monday.

As part of a plea deal, Greer admitted guilt on four counts of grand theft and a count of third-degree money laundering. A fraud charge was dropped by the state.

Greer, 50, of Oviedo, will be released on his own recognizance until sentencing on March 27.

Damn, I was hoping this would go to trial, as this was going to be a huge black-eye on the corruptness of the Florida GOP, as Greer was going to spill the beans on prostitution parties and drunken GOP sponsored trips. For the first-time in my 6 years living in Florida, we Liberals actually seem to be gaining ground on the classless GOP in Florida. We saw Grayson take back his seat, Obama won, the Liberals in Florida rallied to defy the GOP's attempt at voter suppression, we actually gained ground in the state house and senate. Now, we need to keep the peddle to the floor, we need to knock Rick Scott out of the Gov. chair, but all of a sudden old Rick has turned his back on the Tea Baggers and is trying to run towards the middle of the road, so we cannot be fooled by his rhetoric. This is a man that will lie, cheat, steal, or involve himself in any corrupt action to retain the power. Scott stated last week that he will spend over $100 million to retain the Gov's chair, as he will be highlighting his education goals, but don't be fooled! Scott is the same guy that cut education by 1.75 billion to public schools, has tried to steer public students into for profit schools (amazingly owned by sitting GOP House and Senate members) and tried to destroy the teachers union. Now, he has decided to try and bribe the teachers with a across the board payraise of $2500 for each teacher (first raise in over a decade, but still rank around 45th in the country as far as income for teachers), given the teachers a stipend of $250 for supplies, but all of his ideas still have to pass the Florida Congress (not going to happen, the GOP will reward other crooks before they award teachers). With the election approaching, Scott is trying to portray himself as a middle of the road politician, but we cannot let the people of Florida forget that he has waged wars against the Police, First Responders and Teachers unions, tried to privatize welfare and force recipients to take drug tests, privitize prisons to for-profits cronies, has tried to destroy all of the environmental protection for the Everglades that has been put in place over the last 25 years, as well as many other ideas that he promoted to the Tea Baggers. We as Liberals, need to keep the feet of the GOP to the fire here in Forida, as we sent them a shocking message with the Obama victory when they tried their best to stop us from voting, so lets keep working towards removing Scott and his fellow crooks.

3 replies, 716 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bummer, Jim Greer pleads guilty in Florida (Original post)
Mojo2 Feb 2013 OP
busterbrown Feb 2013 #1
eppur_se_muova Feb 2013 #2
ChiciB1 Feb 2013 #3

Response to Mojo2 (Original post)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 03:03 PM

1. Great update..

What about Rubio’s legal problems with his boy friend?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 02:11 AM

2. Dumping popcorn stock. nt

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 12:23 PM

3. I've Lived In Florida For Many, Many Years...

When I first moved here it was much more Democratic. Most Governors were Democrats. Bob Graham was a Governor here before he was a Senator. He was one of the minority who voted against the Iraq War (conflict or whatever) and I think he just got fed up.

Nothing surprises me about Florida anymore! How Rick Scott ever got elected is amazing to me! If I'm not mistaken Alex Sink (conservative democrat) led in the polls almost up to the day of the election!

I just say, THIS IS JEBBY'S state, or so it seems to me. What he wants, he usually gets. He went against Charlie Crist in a HUGE way when he ran for Senator.

Does anyone have an update on some sort of Charlie Crist troubles? Someone told me he was being investigated for something. Maybe since he became a Democrat, it might be the REPUKE machine retaliating. Not sure. Guess I'll see what I can find.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread