HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Former Romney legal couns...

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 08:28 PM

Former Romney legal counsel launches Mass. Senate campaign

Source: The Hill

Former Romney legal counsel launches Mass. Senate campaign

By Alexandra Jaffe - 02/07/13 06:13 PM ET

State Rep. Dan Winslow (R ) announced Thursday he will seek the Republican nomination in the special election to replace former Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) becoming the first GOP candidate to formally enter the race.

"As a native of Western Massachusetts, a hardworking middle class family, and as an experienced problem solver, I believe that the next two years will be our last, best opportunity to avoid the tipping point of a runaway deficit and crushing federal debt," Winslow said in a release.

-snip-

An attorney, Winslow has served in the Massachusetts state legislature since 2011.

From 2001-2005, he served as then-Gov. Mitt Romney's chief legal counsel, which Massachusetts Democratic Party Chairman John Walsh singled out in an statement released earlier this week, after Winslow indicated his interest in the race.

-snip-

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/281845-republican-officially-launches-bid-for-massachusetts-special-election

4 replies, 893 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Former Romney legal counsel launches Mass. Senate campaign (Original post)
Eugene Feb 2013 OP
TheCowsCameHome Feb 2013 #1
still_one Feb 2013 #2
dballance Feb 2013 #3
Marie Marie Feb 2013 #4

Response to Eugene (Original post)

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 08:36 PM

1. They say he's a SYG - Gunnie type.

That should be interesting.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 08:49 PM

2. I hope mass remembers how Romney and his staff dissed mass during the

Campaign

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 09:02 PM

3. State Rep. 'eh. So There are Conservative Districts in MA

If I were the Dems there I'd hammer that Romney connection hard. Especially since the state clearly has no love of Romney. He only managed a 67% rating from the NRA but 95% from Gun Owners' Action League Positions on Gun Rights (whatever that is). But he's still a Republican - his policy positions include cutting welfare and cutting taxes on corporations. Typical.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 11:31 PM

4. Oh well then, there you go.

That Romney connection should make him a shoe-in.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread