HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Sean Eldridge, Husband of...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Feb 6, 2013, 09:38 PM

Sean Eldridge, Husband of Facebook Co-Founder, Running for Congress (against Chris Gibson, R-NY-19)

Sean Eldridge, an investor and the husband of Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes, has filed paperwork establishing a campaign for New York’s 19th Congressional District seat in 2014.

Eldridge, who is a frequent donor to Democratic candidates and committees, has publicly backed President Barack Obama and hopes to unseat two-term Republican Chris Gibson. This November, Gibson won reelection by a margin of 53 percent to 47 percent. However, the district also favored Obama.

Eldridge is a politically active Democrat and the CEO and founder of Hudson River Ventures LLC, a small business investment fund located in New York’s Hudson Valley. He also serves as an adviser to Freedom to Marry, a campaign to win marriage equality nationwide.

The 26-year-old is married to entrepreneur Chris Hughes, who is both a co-founder of Facebook and the publisher of The New Republic magazine.

full: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/02/sean-eldridge-husband-of-facebook-co-founder-running-for-congress/

1 replies, 791 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sean Eldridge, Husband of Facebook Co-Founder, Running for Congress (against Chris Gibson, R-NY-19) (Original post)
alp227 Feb 2013 OP
Rhiannon12866 Feb 2013 #1

Response to alp227 (Original post)

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 05:26 AM

1. Gibson just won a second term

After defeating my incumbent congressman in 2010. I worked on my congressman's (Scott Murphy D NY-20) last two campaigns. Unfortunately, we were redistricted, so I couldn't vote against Gibson again.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread