HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Nebraska Lt. Gov. resigns...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 10:40 PM

Nebraska Lt. Gov. resigns after phone scandal

Lt. Gov. Rick Sheehy, R-Neb., resigned Saturday after the disclosure of thousands of "late night telephone calls" Sheehy placed to four women, none of whom were his wife, during the last four years.

His resignation was announced at a morning press conference by Gov. Dave Heinemann, also a Republican, who said that Sheehy had broken "the public trust." ...

The Omaha World-Herald reported that Sheehy, a rising star in the Nebraska GOP who was viewed as the party's likely gubernatorial nominee in 2014, had placed thousands of "late night telephone calls" from his state-issued cell phone to the four women during the last four years.

For much of those four years, Sheehy was married. His wife, Connie Sheehy, filed for divorce last July after being together for nearly 29 years. In her divorce filing, she cited an "irretrievably broken" marriage ...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34222_162-57567298-10391739/nebraska-lt-gov-resigns-after-phone-scandal/

2 replies, 759 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Nebraska Lt. Gov. resigns after phone scandal (Original post)
struggle4progress Feb 2013 OP
Agschmid Feb 2013 #1
Cha Feb 2013 #2

Response to struggle4progress (Original post)

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 12:05 AM

1. I am sure he champions family values...

However I don't like to relish in other people's relationship issues.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to struggle4progress (Original post)

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 01:54 AM

2. K&R for kinda Big News.

thanks s4p

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread