HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » John McCain Blames the Me...

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 12:02 PM

John McCain Blames the Media for GOP's Surprising Failure to Lay a Glove on Hillary Clinton

By David Weigel | Posted Thursday, Jan. 24, 2013, at 9:33 AM ET

John McCain, 2013, describing why Hillary Clinton skated out of a full day of Benghazi hearings.

She obviously has an adoring media.

John McCain, 2005:

During a question-answer session on Monday with Newsweek Magazine's Evan Thomas, McCain felt so confident in front of the audience that he jokingly referred to the media as "my base."

You could make the same point by presenting any yearlong schedule of Sunday show appearances -- every year, McCain dominates. One reason why McCain's dogged campaign against Susan Rice got so much coverage is that the media parkours over walls to cover the senior senator from Arizona. Former presidential candidate goes to war against guy who beat him twice -- a great story!

Here, McCain's slapping the media for something that wasn't the media's fault. After four months of fulmination, McCain's time with Clinton was a near-total waste -- a frustrated speech, embedded with questions, that gave Clinton time only for one response.

-30-

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/01/24/john_mccain_blames_the_media_for_gop_s_surprising_failure_to_lay_a_glove.html

6 replies, 1000 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply John McCain Blames the Media for GOP's Surprising Failure to Lay a Glove on Hillary Clinton (Original post)
DonViejo Jan 2013 OP
union_maid Jan 2013 #1
Angry Dragon Jan 2013 #2
Liberal_Stalwart71 Jan 2013 #3
samsingh Jan 2013 #4
Mike Daniels Jan 2013 #5
butterflygirl Jan 2013 #6

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 12:07 PM

1. That should read GOP's UNsurprising Failure to Lay a Glove on Hillary Clinton

I think she went relatively easy on them. Still, the judgement of the nation, which likes Hillary and doesn't like Congress, might not be as kind as Mrs. Clinton was.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 12:08 PM

2. LOSER

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 12:13 PM

3. I can't this mutherfucking idiot!!! I loathe him!

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 12:22 PM

4. was the media asking the questions?

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 12:40 PM

5. Given that the media treated McCain like a genius for picking Palin early in the 2008 campaign

He doesn't have a lot of room to talk about media favoritism.

It was only when it was revealed that McCain barely vetted Palin and she proved herself to be a total idiot that the media finally turned on him.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 05:44 PM

6. John, stop giving all your attention to Hillary.

Can't you see how much Lindsey in love with you, please give him some of that attention.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread