Sun Jan 20, 2013, 02:47 PM
dsc (41,089 posts)
If we really want to clamp down on guns here are some common sense ways
1) If a gun purchased by you is used in a crime you are presumed to be financially responsible if you haven't reported the gun as stolen.
2) If you are a straw purchaser, a presumption that occurs if you have bought more than two guns that other people now have, you are both financially liable and criminally liable if the guns are used in crimes.
3) Gun dealers must make yearly inventories and report any lost guns. If a gun that is lost is used in a crime the dealer is financially liable. If a gun dealer loses two guns that are used in crimes the dealer loses his or her license.
4) No magazines over 6 bullets and no guns which don't need to be manually recocked.
5 replies, 591 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
If we really want to clamp down on guns here are some common sense ways (Original post)
Response to dsc (Original post)
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 02:55 PM
RC (25,592 posts)
2. That is a start. Now how about
tracers in the gun power, that link back to the manufacture. Treat boxes of ammo like the guns themselves, records at every step they change hands.