HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » This should be a joyous d...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Jan 20, 2013, 11:00 AM

This should be a joyous day.

I hate to be a cold shower but what the heck can we do to stop GOP Gerrymandering?

We should be in total control of all three houses. The enemy has promised more of the same. If successful this may be the last election for years to come with a good outcome.

I'd love to be celebrating but I have a sick sad feeling brewing.

Is there anyway to stop the cheating?

2 replies, 485 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply This should be a joyous day. (Original post)
sellitman Jan 2013 OP
lunatica Jan 2013 #1
Laochtine Jan 2013 #2

Response to sellitman (Original post)

Sun Jan 20, 2013, 11:14 AM

1. We have to stay in the trenches.

There are things that are going for us. Time is one of them. The Good old boy GOP is shrinking. The Democratic Party is growing among minorities who will very soon be the majority. Here in California the Latinos outnumber whites in 18 year olds. By the next election they will all be adults and voting. And young white people are much more liberal than they used to be too.

The Republican Party is dying and in disarray, eating itself from the inside. They're confused and unable to understand that their time of intolerance and jingoism is in the past. They're trying to run the party like it was back in the 1950s when it was all white and all male dominance. They're so much in denial of the facts that they attack anyone who doesn't jump in in lockstep to their radical extreme agenda.

President Obama did not win on a fluke. He won because Americans wanted him as President. Don't let all that banshee screaming on the Right fool you into believing it's the voice of the majority.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to sellitman (Original post)

Sun Jan 20, 2013, 11:28 AM

2. Fight the fight

We will win this, it'll take guts, courage and thought. We have the voice of the people.
Keep talking to your friends and enemys. Its on us all

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread