HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Guns shows are the 'Tuppe...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 10:48 PM

Guns shows are the 'Tupperware parties for criminals'

Trying to stop illegal gun trafficking is going to be a tough one. However as this web site suggests that congress has not done much to stop it.

http://gunvictimsaction.org/fact-sheet/fact-sheet-illegal-gun-trafficking-arms-criminals-and-youth/

2 replies, 686 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Guns shows are the 'Tupperware parties for criminals' (Original post)
Rosa Luxemburg Jan 2013 OP
pipoman Jan 2013 #1
ProgressiveProfessor Jan 2013 #2

Response to Rosa Luxemburg (Original post)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 11:17 PM

1. Yet nobody gives enough of a shit to even start

to fix the problem of private sales..let's officially quit calling this erroneously, "gun show loophole". If we want to fix the problem the first step is getting honest and knock off the ambiguity. Why isn't there any way I, as the owner of a gun who needs money worse than a gun, to access the NICS to be sure the guy who wants to buy it isn't prohibited from owning it? Why is there not a kiosk at every gun show, and access to NICS readily available through FFL holders for private sales? Why are internet auctions like gunbroker so populated? Because as a private seller I must ship the gun to a FFL dealer in the buyer's state. In this way the seller has shifted responsibility because the FFL must do a NICS check on the buyer before delivery. Many don't want to pay the commission and expensive shipping...ironically this impacts cheaper guns more than expensive ones..

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Rosa Luxemburg (Original post)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 01:41 AM

2. They must have gotten quite a discount based on all the hyperbole they used on their website

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread