HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Please god -
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 07:30 PM

Please god -

let the security be tight this weekend!

9 replies, 950 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to cilla4progress (Original post)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 07:35 PM

1. Oh I was thinking the same thing. The nuts and fruits are sure going to be out in a pack. What

worries me are those rifles that can shoot at a distance. I worry when the president will be sworn in. He will be right out there. Also during the parade.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 07:36 PM

2. I think it will be okay. I saw a snip of the SS preparations (they must hate this!)

and when he gets out of the car and gets back in is planned ahead of time, so I'm sure that area will have even MORE security. That's always the part that makes me nervous.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 07:47 PM

3. I always worry about his security because of all the wackjobs out there,

but I saw a special about the different barriers of protection he gets and it really put me much more at ease. There are several "rings" of security that a nut would have to get through just to get close to the almost impenetrable security that surrounds him.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but it would border on impossible with the attention to detail of today's secret service.

Reply to this post

Response to LeftofObama (Reply #3)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 07:54 PM

4. I want him, Michelle, Joe and Jill

to be holograms. With invisible shields around them.

Does anyone know if these have yet been invented?

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 03:19 AM

5. I try not to go there, mentally (nt)

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 11:13 AM

6. Our President is not afraid. Hope we have sunny skies for the Second inauguration of Barack Obama!

I remember way back before the primary when it was between Mrs. Clinton and Sen. Obama, they gave Obama secret service protection because the death threats on the internet were flying. Republicans were bashing Mrs. Clinton to the point of stress/tears. They had the primary and Sen. Obama won, perhaps because the Mrs. Clinton bashing was so harsh republicans seemed to want Obama to be the one running for Pres.

Anyway at an interview then Sen. Obama was asked about the threats and the secret service protection and how that effected him. He said he feels good about the protection, very safe.

Then he brought up ML King and said how different his 'protection' was and how brave MLK was. Obama said a lot of the police around Rev. King were kkk members. He said King got 80 phone calls a day!! death threats to his home phone number.

President Obama has great security, I just hope it's a sunny day so we can see the parades

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 12:12 PM

7. Amen.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 12:34 PM

8. I am saying prayers and surrounding

them with blessings. I am worried also. So many nut jobs out there.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 12:35 PM

9. It's supposed to be very cold (again).

Not conducive to accuracy for long-range sniper rifles. I think the Secret Service is well aware of the dangers.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread