HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » PPP: FL Gov Rick Scott i...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 01:41 PM

PPP: FL Gov Rick Scott in trouble for 2014

(Good, hope it lasts. We need to get the Governor's Chair of FL back):

Whoa. Check out the stink lines coming off of Republican Gov. Rick Scott, according to PPP's first poll of the cycle. His approval rating has sunk to a horrific 33-57 (down from 37-48 in November) and is getting pounded in the head-to-heads versus an array of Democrats:

39-53 vs. ex-Gov. Charlie Crist
40-47 vs. 2010 nominee Alex Sink

39-43 vs. Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio

42-44 vs. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz

41-37 vs. state Sen. Nan Rich

41-37 vs. Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer

Ouch! The important thing is not so much how Scott performs against each potential opponent but rather the fact that he can't clear 42 percent against anyone. Even against unknowns like Dyer and Rich (the only declared candidate so far), Scott's distance to 50%+1 is as long as the Florida coastline. The numbers do still matter, though, and Crist has to find them heartening: His transition to the Democratic Party now seems complete, with an impressive 73-17 favorability rating among Democratic primary voters. That's helping to power him to 49-38 favorables overall, and makes him the only would-be candidate whose name recognition matches Scott's.

It's also why, predictably, Crist leads a hypothetical kitchen-sink primary (not including DWS, who's pretty much said she won't run) by a wide margin:

Crist: 52
Sink: 18
Iorio: 13
Dyer: 4
Rich: 1
Undecided: 12
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/16/1179491/-PPP-s-first-poll-of-2014-shows-Florida-Gov-Rick-Scott-in-dangerous-territory-for-re-election

14 replies, 1915 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 14 replies Author Time Post
Reply PPP: FL Gov Rick Scott in trouble for 2014 (Original post)
WI_DEM Jan 2013 OP
NewJeffCT Jan 2013 #1
DonCoquixote Jan 2013 #7
UCmeNdc Jan 2013 #2
FBaggins Jan 2013 #3
Lint Head Jan 2013 #4
jinx1 Jan 2013 #5
think Jan 2013 #6
HooptieWagon Jan 2013 #8
EC Jan 2013 #9
Mojo2 Jan 2013 #10
Samantha Jan 2013 #12
Zoeisright Jan 2013 #11
davidpdx Jan 2013 #13
flamingdem Jan 2013 #14

Response to WI_DEM (Original post)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 01:48 PM

1. Interesting that he does best against

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to NewJeffCT (Reply #1)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 02:15 PM

7. Not really

That DINO is safe because Obama won Florida, in part due to the very people she has spent her career hamstringing; Florida Liberals. Of course, it would be fun to see her tear into Lex Luthor (aka Rick)

In all seriousness though, I want Alex Sink out as she conceded the elction quick, and also, this is a must win. Ric Scott is not merely a GOP, he is one of the main pillars of the Tea Party, he ran to the right of Jeb Bush's handpicked stooge, Bill McCollum.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 01:56 PM

2. Rick Scott the man uses his pet dog for a photo op then gets rid of the animal....

Not the nicest of people.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 02:00 PM

3. I'm leary of PPP at this point in the cycle.

Don't get me wrong. When the chips are down and the election is near, they're been very accurate...

... but they haven't been above the "drive the narative" type of polling in the past (in fact, I think it's how they got started).

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 02:00 PM

4. The criminal Medicare fraudster should go down!

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 02:02 PM

5. Seeing Scott for who he is

People are seeing Scott for who he is and judging him for what he has done or not done and they don't like him. No big surprise he is on the way out.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 02:07 PM

6. The sooner Rick "I ripped off Medicare and made millions!" Scott

leaves the governor's office the better:

For Rick Scott, success and scandal are inseparable
By Marc Caputo, Times/Herald Tallahassee Bureau
Posted: Aug 07, 2010 02:55 PM

In 1997, following FBI raids on his hospitals, toxic relations with the press and hospital board members, Scott was ousted but given $10 million in severance and $300 million in stocks. Scott says he learned that he should have hired more auditors. .....

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/stateroundup/for-rick-scott-success-and-scandal-are-inseparable/1113883

Rick Scott's role in Columbia/HCA scandal

However, federal investigators found that Scott took part in business practices at Columbia/HCA that were later found to be illegal -- specifically, that Scott and other executives offered financial incentives to doctors in exchange for patient referrals, in violation of federal law, according to lawsuits the Justice Department filed against the company in 2001.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2010/06/rick-scotts-role-in-columbiahca-scandal.html#storylink=cpy

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 02:35 PM

8. My favorites are the two mayors,

Iorio and Dyer. But I'd hold my nose and vote for DWS if it gets Scott tossed out.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 02:51 PM

9. I was just thinking last night

that Crist should run again. I figured he could win.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 03:08 PM

10. Scott is Toast

I live in the Tampa-St. Pete area and Scott is absolutely hated in my area! I have yet to meet one person that will admit that they voted for him, at my children's sports games the parents always say don't blame me, as I didn't vote for him. Scott is a huckster, he came into office and try to cram down the throats of the citizens of Florida al lof the Tea Baggers agenda, but he has only cost the tax payers of Florida money because all of his tea bag agenda has pretty much been challenged and defeated in court. The Tampa Times has a good article on Scott in todays edition, he had a meeting the all of the minority state reps yesterday and they put his feet to the fire. The called him out on trying to disenfranchise minority voters with all of the changes to the voting laws since he took office, but being the con man that Scott is, he blamed the Florida Republican Senate and House for the problems, as he said he didn't write the bills, but he only signed them. Hmmmm....why would you sign something if you didn't agree with it Rick? Rick's math skills are also fantastic, his first year in office he gutted the public schools by taking away 4 billion in funds, but last year he added 1 billion for 2013, so now he says that since he has took office he has increased funding to public schools. I'm not the brightest bulb, but if you take out four and put back in one, you still have -3, but somehow he now is trying to run as the education Gov. Scott promised to create 700,000 new jobs in his four years, but as of today he has created 120,000, but many of those 120,000 are people that were recalled from layoffs, yet, he touts himself as a jobs creator. Scott has went after teachers, firemen, police officers, welfare recipients, prison guards, the environment in his first two years, all the while trying to privatize everything from welfare, prisons, schools and even parole officers. Sorry for how long this has been, but I hate the guy! If it was up to him and his other Tea Bag thugs, Florida would become a toxic dumping grounds where you could not breath the air, or go in the ocean, but businesses would turn huge profits. I'm fine with Crist running, he has seen the light, and just getting Scott out of the picture would do the state wonders.

Reply to this post

Response to Mojo2 (Reply #10)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 06:12 PM

12. I am not from Florida, but I loved your post

You could have written even more and I would not have thought it too long. One can never say enough bad things about Scott! I despise him. Good luck to you guys in pushing the eject button on him.

Sam

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 03:23 PM

11. I'd love to see Skeletor get destroyed.

That little fuck is the biggest asshole in the state. Which is saying a lot.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 12:14 AM

13. I want to see Dead Intern Joe thrown in there

Just to see how bad he does.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 12:17 AM

14. Knock his block off!

But watch out for voter/vote count irregularities..

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread