HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » CA gun show draws 10,000 ...

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 12:52 AM

CA gun show draws 10,000 people ‘getting ready for the next revolution’

What drew an estimated 10,000 people to a Northern California gun show? Simple. According to one attendee, they’re scared.

“Obama wants to take everybody’s guns away,” said Bob Daziel, who stood in line with hundreds on Saturday to get into the Crossroads of The West event in Daly City, California. “So they’re down here buying ammo, buying guns, they’re getting ready for the next revolution.”

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1ymos)

7 replies, 1177 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply CA gun show draws 10,000 people ‘getting ready for the next revolution’ (Original post)
UCmeNdc Jan 2013 OP
Skittles Jan 2013 #1
PrincetonTiger2009 Jan 2013 #2
Zoeisright Jan 2013 #3
defacto7 Jan 2013 #4
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #5
spin Jan 2013 #6
bowens43 Jan 2013 #7

Response to UCmeNdc (Original post)

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 01:13 AM

1. fucking cowards

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 01:23 AM

2. Why are we so outnumbered????

They had similar numbers at the largest gunshow East of the Mississippi..It was at the Dulles Expo center outside Washington DC...

9 brave code pink protesters showed up but were hustled off the private property and had to organize on the sidewalk across the street..9 protestors against 10,000 gun buyers..scary

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/235484/158/Gun-Show-Draws-Enthusiasts-Protestors

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 01:26 AM

3. What a bunch of fucking losers.

With extremely tiny dicks.

Yeah, they're scared - because they are little weenies.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 01:35 AM

4. Sheep

Just sheep.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 02:19 AM

5. Gonna cry when no bill banning guns is passed...

Although Alex "Conspiracy King" Jones, Glenn "Fake Outrage" Beck, Mark "Call me a douche" Levin and that crowd are expressing a First Amendment right by telling wholesale lies about Obama taking your guns, they are explicitly inciting what will be a riot. When will they stop?

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 04:26 AM

6. I am a gun owner and I have a concealed weapons permit. ...

I do believe in gun rights and the 2nd Amendment. I have enjoyed target shooting handguns on a regular basis for 40 years. I do not hunt but I have nothing against those that do to provide food for their families. I am also a Democrat and come from a long line of Democrats who worked in the iron mills and steel mills in Pennsylvania. Most of my ancestors owned firearms and used them for hunting and several times for self defense.

I know a lot of gun owners and most are Republican. The interesting fact is that when I talk to them about many important issues they agree with most of the views of the Democratic Party. Unfortunately a high percentage of them have told me that they will NEVER vote for a Democrat even if he has a high rating from the NRA as they feel the Democratic Party wishes to ban and confiscate all firearms owned by civilians. It makes no difference even when I explain to them that some of their most respected Republican role models were for strong gun control and Republicans will sell out gun owners in a heartbeat if they sense it will aid them politically.

I suggest anyone who disagrees with me should take this quick and simple test. You might be surprised with the results.

12/19/12 at 11:24 AM

Identify the Gun-Control Quote: Obama, Feinstein, or Reagan?
By Dan Amira

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/12/reagan-obama-feinstein-gun-quiz.html

Was Richard Nixon a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment?

Richard Nixon on Gun Control

President of the U.S., 1968-1974

We need gun laws stricter than the Brady Bill

Unless we adopt and enforce strict gun control laws--ones much tougher than the Brady Bill--we will never succeed in stemming the violence spawned by the drug trade.
Source: Seize the Moment, by Richard Nixon, p.294-295 , Jan 15, 1992
http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Richard_Nixon_Gun_Control.htm

How about George Bush the senior?

Posted: 10:48 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013
Executive orders and gun controls

***snip***

But, everyone seemed to be forgetting somewhat recent history, that at least two Presidents have used executive orders to limit some weapons - and I've covered both.

The first time it happened was in 1989, after a mass school shooting Stockton, California, as President George H.W. Bush used a 1968 gun control law to limit the importation of foreign firearms - his executive order banned the shipment of certain assault weapons, unless they were used for sporting purposes.
http://www.wsbradio.com/weblogs/jamie-dupree/2013/jan/09/executive-orders-and-gun-controls/

How about Bush the Younger? Surely he MUST have been totally opposed to any gun control.

George W. Bush on Gun Control

President of the United States, Former Republican Governor (TX)

***snip***

Would sign, but would not push, gun restrictions

Bush has said he would sign a law requiring trigger locks with handgun sales but wouldn’t push such legislation. Bush has endorsed outlawing the import of certain high-capacity ammunition clips. Bush also would raise the legal age for handgun purchases from 18 to 21.
Source: Judy Holland, Hearst Newspapers , Apr 14, 2000
Ban automatic weapons & high-capacity ammunition clips

Supports stronger enforcement of existing gun laws, would provide more funding for aggressive gun law enforcement programs such as Project Exile in Richmond, Virginia
Supports requiring instant background checks at gun shows by allowing gun show promoters to access the instant check system on behalf of vendors
Supports law-abiding American’s constitutional right to own guns to protect their families and home
Supports the current ban on automatic weapons
Supports banning the importation of foreign made, “high-capacity” ammunition clips
Supports voluntary safety locks
Opposes government mandated registration of all guns owned by law abiding citizens
Source: GeorgeWBush.com: ‘Issues: Policy Points Overview’ , Apr 2, 2000
http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/george_w__bush_gun_control.htm

I could easily go on and post much more but it's almost 3 am where I live. Let me simply say that neither John McCain or Mitt Romney were truly strong supporters of gun rights although they did pander to conservative gun owners.

I can present all this evidence and much more to many gun owners and they will still tell me that they will never vote for any Democrat as Democrats wish to ban and confiscate all their firearms.

I can ask these gun owners if they feel we did the right thing by invading Iraq and they will say. "Hell no!" Then they will say that they will never vote for a Democrat as they all want to take our guns away.

I will point out that Republicans are largely responsible for our Great Recession as instead of trying to make government smaller and more efficient which is one of their party's most cherished ideas the Republicans in Congress spend money like it grows on trees during the Bush the Younger's days in office. They will agree but again say that they will never vote for a Democrat.

I will suggest that there is some ways that we could improve existing gun laws in our nation and a surprising percentage of the gun owners I know will agree with most of my ideas. I favor doing things like requiring a background check for ALL sales of firearms including private sales and requiring anyone who buys ammo to have a photo ID that proves he/she has had firearm safety training.

Now unlike many here on DU, I do not favor banning or confiscating certain or all firearms as I feel it is politically impossible and will do far more damage to our party in the long run than it will accomplish to solve the problem of gun violence and mass murders in our nation. (I should note that I personally do not own any firearms that might qualify as an "assault weapon" nor do I have any magazines for my firearms that hold more than 10 rounds. Still I realize that "black rifles" are actually used by hunters and competitive target shooters and many be a good choice for self defense in rural areas of our nation.)

I should point out that I am well aware that firearms are extremely dangerous in the wrong hands.

In my own family firearms have been used successfully to stop violent attacks but they have also made committing suicide easier. I am still trying my best to overcome the emotions I have suffered because a very close member of my family shot herself and died a year ago. At the time she was probably taking some samples of an antidepressant drug prescribed by a GP to help her overcome the depression caused by her failure to find a job in our Great Recession. The autopsy did not show that that this drug was in her system but it did show she was over the legal limit for alcohol.

I honestly believe that we have a chance to take a broad approach to solving our gun violence problem in our nation in the near future. Many gun owners do agree with reasonable changes but will NEVER agree with registering all firearms at a national level or any form of banning or confiscation. Remember that there are 80,000,000 gun owners in our nation and they vote.

It is my suggestion that we should push for improvements in our laws and discourage some of the most liberal elected members of our party suggesting bans or confiscation. This might doom any progress we could make and at the best we will end up passing some watered down ineffective legislation that will make some people feel good but will do little to address the problem.

I realize that my comments will cause some to consider insulting me. Gun owners have been called many names in recent days on DU and that is understandable as our nation has went through several truly tragic events in recent months. Gun owners have been called terrorists, criminals and bloodthirsty vigilantes and also parts of our anatomy have been ridiculed. That's fine with me and really doesn't bother me. I understand some here might consider me and others like me to be evil or fearful even though this is not reality. I may be a target for many as I like 800,000 other Florida residents have a Florida Concealed Weapons permit and the media has done its best to convince its viewers and readers that we are all people like George Zimmerman looking for a chance to blow someone away. Staistics published by Florida show this idea to be unrealistic and in fact those who have a carry permit in Floirda are extremely responsible and honest and rarely misuse their legally concealed fireams to do anything other than for legitamate self defense when they are attacked by a person who intends to them in a hospital or six feet unde and has the ability to do so.

So if you do decide to insult me please try to be original. I appreciate originality and will compliment you on your effort.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 06:17 AM

7. this is exactly why the guns need to be taken away.

every time one of these gun nits opens his mouth he strengthens the position of those who want to take away his guns.....

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread