HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Labor Secretary Hilda Sol...

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 04:36 PM

Labor Secretary Hilda Solis resigns

Labor Secretary Hilda Solis is resigning from the Obama administration. "Over her long career in public service - as an advocate for environmental justice in California, state legislator, member of Congress and Secretary of Labor - Hilda Solis has been a tireless champion for working families," President Barack Obama said in a statement. "Over the last four years, Secretary Solis has been a critical member of my economic team as we have worked to recover from the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression and strengthen the economy for the middle class

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/labor-secretary-hilda-solis-resigns-85970.html#ixzz2HW5bdpFz

Jennifer Granholm would make a good Labor Secretary. Aannnd Holder's staying.
A White House official confirmed to BuzzFeed that Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki and Attorney General Eric Holder will remain in their current posts into Obama's second term.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/source-labor-secretary-resigns

7 replies, 1284 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to octoberlib (Original post)

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 04:40 PM

1. Since Ted Strickland isn't going to run for Gov of Ohio, I wonder if he would

consider Labor Secretary?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 04:51 PM

2. now if duncan would get the hell out of town.....

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 04:56 PM

3. bring back Robert Reisch!!! Hey is last word Lawrence going to ask Governor Patrick for the

temporary Mass senate job tonight???

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 05:03 PM

4. I believe Lawrence is. I love Robert Reich too . NT

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 05:44 PM

5. My suggestion...

Pick someone from a swing state where we need to pick up a Senator (Ted Strickland-OH) (Kathleen Falk-WI) (etc.). Give them a couple of years on Team Obama and some Washington experience.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 08:33 PM

6. Holder's staying? What, the White House couldn't find anyone less effective? n/t

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 04:12 AM

7. Not sure Solis was ever given the toolbox she needed to do her job. Sad because she is a

very strong advocate for labor and for the treatment of immigrant groups. Oh and she is another woman that gets left behind by this administration. I support Obama but he's got to break out of that tireld old mold of how Washington deals with the "ladies".

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread