HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Virginia KKK Uses Obama’s...

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 01:15 PM

Virginia KKK Uses Obama’s Presidency As A Recruiting Tool

By Annie-Rose Strasser on Jan 9, 2013 at 12:50 pm

The Ku Klux Klan of Virginia is trying to find new members, and it is using President Obama’s second term as a recruitment tool.

According to local Richmond television station WTVR, residents in the area have received two KKK fliers in their driveways in the course of as many months. The fliers read, “WAKE UP WHITE AMERICA!!” and explain that “the majority of HATE CRIMES in America are committed by BLACKS against WHITES!!!”

In an interview with the station, the KKK bragged that their recruitment has been up thanks to Obama’s election, and expect it to triple during his next term:

“Since Obama’s first term our numbers have doubled and now that we’re headed to a second term it’s going to triple, this is going to be the biggest resurgence of the Klan since 1915,” said one of the Klansmen interviewed.

The Klansman have been handing out flyers in a Mechanicsville neighborhood, and neighbors who received them have contacted CBS 6. “We’re not trying to target anybody or scare anybody with hate, we’re just using our freedom of speech to drop fliers,” said one of the Klansmen interviewed. “Everyone thinks that we’re a hate group, we’re not a hate group, we don’t hate anyone, and we want to see good things come to our race.”

Watch it:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/01/09/1422471/virginia-kkk-obama-recruiting/#ooid=t2MXY3ODppnOnnCXgEHwf5xp_zMmIWFC

-snip-

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/01/09/1422471/virginia-kkk-obama-recruiting/

10 replies, 1043 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Virginia KKK Uses Obama’s Presidency As A Recruiting Tool (Original post)
DonViejo Jan 2013 OP
TxDemChem Jan 2013 #1
Politicalboi Jan 2013 #2
yellowcanine Jan 2013 #3
tabbycat31 Jan 2013 #4
Rosco T. Jan 2013 #5
tabbycat31 Jan 2013 #6
Filibuster Harry Jan 2013 #7
JoePhilly Jan 2013 #8
JoeyT Jan 2013 #9
Hekate Jan 2013 #10

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 01:25 PM

1. My blood pressure just went up!!!

Not a hate group my ass. They may fool other whites, but they sure aren't fooling any blacks, hispanics, Jews, Asians, etc. 2013 and we're still putting up with this crap.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 01:29 PM

2. Placing fliers on cars

Or doors is littering, not free speech. Let them march in the streets spewing their hate and see how far that goes. These are 21st Century KKK members who would rather drink a beer behind a monitor, and let others go parading. Twice as many "virtual" members. LOL!

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 02:13 PM

3. "...we’re not a hate group..." Yes, that is why we use the fact of a black President to recruit.

No hate here, no siree......

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 02:54 PM

4. I worked in VA last year

And our sign guys found a KKK application in the street. They were putting them in plastic bags with rocks in them and tossing them on people's lawns. This was an area where they probably recruited some members too.

My jaw dropped when I saw the application. I was tempted to call them and say that I'm a white American, but gay (I am not) and can I still join.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 02:57 PM

5. This is why I want to see...

Clinton/Castro '16

Watch head splatter even more

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 04:58 PM

7. Not a hate group??? Why wear the bags?? Afraid of being recognized??

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 9, 2013, 05:15 PM

8. Arrest them for littering.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 10:26 PM

9. Sweet.

If their numbers triple there will be like twelve of them for us to point and laugh at when they march around.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 11:07 PM

10. I expected no less of them. So does the NRA.

All the other hate-filled RW loonies are doing it -- of course the KKK is in the mix.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread