HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » A possible Christie chall...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 10:00 AM

A possible Christie challenger makes his bad day worse

N.J. Democrat: Chris Christie “prayed” for Hurricane Sandy

The state Senate president and a possible Christie challenger just makes his bad day worse

BY DAVID DALEY

New Jersey’s Senate president said Monday that Gov. Chris Christie “prayed a lot and got lucky” when Hurricane Sandy hit the state .

Stephen Sweeney, a Democrat, was speaking at a news conference designed to highlight what he calls Christie’s failed economic agenda, and was likely responding to an interview with the governor in the Philadelphia Inquirer, in which Christie said new jobs and rebuilding efforts would stimulate the economy.

“We gave the governor a jobs package. We gave him one. He vetoed it. And his job package is a hurricane,” Sweeney said. “I guess he prayed a lot and got lucky a storm came. I shouldn’t say that…I apologize for saying it.”

In that same press conference, Sweeney also said state Democrats were considering him to run against Christie this fall.

It didn’t take long for Christie to respond, in a statement:

-snip-

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/08/n_j_democrat_chris_christie_prayed_for_hurricane_sandy/

2 replies, 837 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply A possible Christie challenger makes his bad day worse (Original post)
DonViejo Jan 2013 OP
Wounded Bear Jan 2013 #1
JustAnotherGen Jan 2013 #2

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 10:07 AM

1. He probably shouldn't apologize.....

for speaking the truth.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 10:51 AM

2. I still don't think

Anyone can beat Christie. Go to the article linked - then go to the article linked in there that explains Christie's tactics. There is a certain element here in NJ that really gets its rocks off on his demeanor.

Now - I'm pretty sure it was the BlueJersey blog last week that outlined opportunities and the fact that there were some closed dooor meetings going on amongst possible Democratic Party contenders. I.E. - not tearing the party apart with an acrid primary.

That COULD give us a shot.

But regardless if it is Sweeney or anyone else . . . we are going to need a Daggett to pop up again with a lot of money behind him.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread