HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » I just kicked some ass on...

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 06:27 PM

I just kicked some ass on someone who posted this inane rambling from Victoria Jackson on FB...

She posted this back in November:

"MR. PRESIDENT, WILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY GIVE UP YOUR CURRENT HEALTH CARE PROGRAM AND JOIN THE NEW 'UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE PROGRAM' THAT THE REST OF US WILL BE ON ????"
THERE WAS A STONEY SILENCE AS OBAMA IGNORED THE QUESTION AND CHOSE NOT TO ANSWER IT !!!
IN ADDITION, A NUMBER OF SENATORS WERE ASKED THE SAME QUESTION AND THEIR RESPONSE WAS, "WE WILL THINK ABOUT IT."
AND THEY DID. IT WAS ANNOUNCED TODAY ON THE NEWS THAT THE "KENNEDY HEALTH CARE BILL" WAS WRITTEN INTO THE NEW HEALTH CARE REFORM INITIATIVE ENSURING THAT CONGRESS WILL BE 100% EXEMPT !
SO, THIS GREAT NEW HEALTH CARE PLAN THAT IS GOOD FOR YOU AND ME... IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OBAMA, HIS FAMILY OR CONGRESS...??
WE (THE AMERICAN PUBLIC) NEED TO STOP THIS PROPOSED DEBACLE ASAP !!!! THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG !!!!!
PERSONALLY, I CAN ONLY ACCEPT A UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE OVERHAUL THAT EXTENDS TO EVERYONE... NOT JUST US LOWLY CITIZENS.... WHILE THE WASHINGTON "ELITE" KEEP RIGHT ON WITH THEIR GOLD-PLATED HEALTH CARE COVERAGES.

If you don't pass this around, may you enjoy his Plan!

WHAT???
The Republic has a CONSTITUTION???

Amendment 28

Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives, and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States .

Imagine what we could do if everybody passed this around.

A friend shared this status today.

I called bunk right away and lit into him not even knowing it was Victoria Jackson at first. I told him that her claim was patently false, since Obamacare is not a universal healthcare plan - and it doesn't 'force' anyone to join said pretend plan. Then I saw it was from Victoria Jackson and about shit a brick. Lots of respect lost for sharing a Victoria Jackson rant.

Anyway, he responded that he was sick of Obama and sick of Congress! I told him that was fine - but he should come up with legitimate reasons to be sick of Obama...not made up ones. He then went into a screed about how he was being unfairly forced into buying health insurance because he couldn't afford it and always paid out of pocket when he went to the hospital - but that was rare since he was a healthy 30-something.

I told him that I sympathized and that Obamacare is not perfect. This is a reason why. But I also brought up the fact that with the old system, a good portion of Americans were forced to use the emergency room as their healthcare plan and that this was a big reason why the old system was not sustainable. Moreover, I mentioned that he would be best served under a type of plan that Victoria Jackson is under the illusion this plan is - you know, a universal healthcare plan. From his tone, though, I could tell he was opposed to it.

Ultimately, I outlined the major factors of Obamacare - from the preexisting conditions to the fact healthcare costs have slowed to a 50 year low. I then pointed out that the old system was far more unfair to the American people than Obamacare and that the tax only mattered if you could afford to pay it. Either he can't, and therefore can do something about it, or he can and just refuses for the sake of refusing.

During my post, I noticed one of his friends liking my comments and then replying (I had a lengthy post). I then posted and went to read what his friend said, since I knew it'd support what I claimed ... and it was deleted. The post is now gone. He either deleted it entirely (smart move considering it was absolutely ridiculous) or hid me from commenting (coward move).

Either way. I kicked some ass and it felt good.

2 replies, 7655 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I just kicked some ass on someone who posted this inane rambling from Victoria Jackson on FB... (Original post)
Drunken Irishman Jan 2013 OP
riverbendviewgal Jan 2013 #1
NMDemDist2 Jan 2013 #2

Response to Drunken Irishman (Original post)

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 07:39 PM

1. he may be a healthy 30 year old today

But tomorrow he could get his first ever seizures at work and ambulance to the hospital. Three days later he would be operated on his brain and be told he had a 5 percent chance of surviving 2 years. Of course he would want try for that 5 percent. He will get 2 more brain operations, radiation, chemotherapy, psychotherapy, blood transfusions, 4 weeks of intensive care and 1 week palliative care in hospital. Could he get that in ER? For how much?

The above was my son. He died at 26 and there were no medical bills. We have one payer health care here.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to riverbendviewgal (Reply #1)

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 09:47 PM

2. I'm so sorry for your loss

and glad that (unlike here) your grief wasn't burdened with back breaking debt as well

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread