HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » House GOP in DISARRAY

Wed Jan 2, 2013, 10:44 AM

House GOP in DISARRAY

Here are comments from Erickson of RedState (rest of the article can be seen at their website, as you can see this is a powder keg ready to explode. I love it when the GOP turns into a circus.

‘House GOP in Disarray’ Isn’t Just Liberal Media Spin

By: Erick Erickson (Diary) | January 2nd, 2013 at 09:17 AM | 46

Many Republicans are trying ton convince themselves that they will make up ground on the spending side of the equation come the debt ceiling fight. Mr. Obama says he will not negotiate, but he is going to have to.

The problem for the GOP is that its House leadership is working at cross purposes and really is in the disarray the “liberal media” keeps saying. Look no further than Eric Cantor and Kevin McCarthy voting no on the plan.

They should not be commended for voting no. This is a sign of disarray.

9 replies, 1376 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Mojo2 (Original post)

Wed Jan 2, 2013, 11:03 AM

1. The President is NOT running for re-election. If the repukes start playing games with the debt

ceiling, which I do not think they will because they were burnt the last time they played that game, but if they do, I really think the president will use the 14th amendment to justify raising the cap.

If the repukes then decide to impeach him they will lose on those grounds also because not only do we have the Senate, but they will experience a huge backlash from the public

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to still_one (Reply #1)

Wed Jan 2, 2013, 11:20 AM

3. Thanks...

....but the backlash is on it's way in about two years.

Reply to this post

Response to still_one (Reply #1)

Wed Jan 2, 2013, 04:31 PM

8. They will, no ifs, ands or butts

they WILL push the debt ceiling beyond any reason, likely to the point of defaulting the US again.

Scorpion and frog stuff, and they are going to be even more vindictive and mean after last night.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 2, 2013, 11:20 AM

2. All of you DUers that want rigid ideological conformity, take a look at the Republicans now.

That could be us in ten years.

Reply to this post

Response to bemildred (Reply #2)

Wed Jan 2, 2013, 11:35 AM

4. I think the Dems are more organized, but...

....yes in ten years or even less a monster could evolve too. Liberalism could run amuck, but the old rebukes will have to find somewhere to infiltrate which also could be scary. Maybe the Reeper's can come out of the grave and refine themselves to be positive again.

No organization can hold its values forever. It is an eternal fight between purists & radicals!

Reply to this post

Response to Pauldg47 (Reply #4)

Wed Jan 2, 2013, 11:47 AM

5. The problem is guys like Obama don't come along every day.

Keeping your eyes on what is important: tolerance, organization, communication, policy, persistence, is what gets you through the lean times when we only have ordinary leaders and we have to save our own asses.

Although, I have to give us a lot of credit for November, we did kick some ass. The only election I can remember to compare it with was 1976.

I like your post too.

Reply to this post

Response to bemildred (Reply #2)

Wed Jan 2, 2013, 04:06 PM

7. The Dems used to be totally unorganized. Repubs are more split now

with the tea party faction gaining so much power in the House. I think that has a lot to do with it, as does having the President being a Dem. Nancy Pelosi is also a much better leader then Boehner, apparently.

Reply to this post

Response to Jennicut (Reply #7)

Wed Jan 2, 2013, 04:58 PM

9. I've seen it come full circle now.

Obama has done to the Republicans in 2012 what Raygun did to the Democrats in 1984. The US political system is not static, it's changing all the time.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 2, 2013, 12:12 PM

6. They are clowns. This mess we are in was caused by tax cuts and war which was not paid for. The

only way out is both tax increases and spending cuts. Then we can hopefully turn this economy around and with growth reduce taxes and spending. Spending cuts alone are not going to solve this problem.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread