Sun Dec 30, 2012, 10:37 PM
JEFF9K (1,862 posts)
NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS FOR CONSERVATIVES.
New Year's Resolutions for Conservatives.
1) Stop calling the Democratic Party the “Democrat” Party. In America it's legal to change your name, but not someone else's.
2) Stop believing everything Rush Limbaugh says.
3) Stop believing EVERYTHING Rush Limbaugh says.
4) Stop adding abortion to the Bible, and stop subtracting the Commandment about lying.
5) Stop adding the right to own weapons of mass destruction to the Constitution, and stop subtracting the part about promoting the general Welfare.
6) Go back to school. Suggested areas of study: History, Economics, Psychology, Probability Theory, Mathematics, Logical Thinking.
7) Lose weight!
4 replies, 800 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS FOR CONSERVATIVES. (Original post)
Response to seaglass (Reply #1)
Fri Jul 18, 2014, 12:37 PM
JEFF9K (1,862 posts)
2. I'm not sure how it works.
But it was definitely shut down at the time.
Another one of my threads that was shut down was my JJ Cale thread that I posted after he died. If you are really interested in this "shut down, locked out" thing you might want to put JEFF9K and JJ CALE in the search box and it will come up, as I just found out yesterday.
Is there a difference between "shut down," "hidden," and "locked?"
Response to JEFF9K (Reply #2)
Fri Jul 18, 2014, 03:20 PM
seaglass (6,578 posts)
3. When you say shut down - I would consider that to mean that the thread was locked and no one could
participate. That is not the case with this thread or the JJ Cale thread. Neither are locked and anyone can still respond (except you in the JJ Cale thread and anyone else who had a post hidden in that thread).
If you get a post hidden in a thread then you are no longer able to post in the thread. Everyone who doesn't have a post hidden can still participate in it unless a Host or Admin locks the thread. Then no one can participate (except I think they can still recommend a locked thread).
You get a post hidden when a jury votes that your post doesn't meet community standards (rude, uncivil, bigoted etc.) Juries are a crapshoot. Some posts get hidden that shouldn't and some posts don't get hidden that should.
I already searched this thread and the other to see what you were talking about.