HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Tony Auth nails the R's t...

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 03:45 PM

Tony Auth nails the R's today...

4 replies, 2220 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tony Auth nails the R's today... (Original post)
flpoljunkie Dec 2012 OP
JoePhilly Dec 2012 #1
titanicdave Dec 2012 #2
JohnnyRingo Dec 2012 #3
libodem Dec 2012 #4

Response to flpoljunkie (Original post)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 04:24 PM

1. I'd say they oppose Sanity in general.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to JoePhilly (Reply #1)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 05:23 PM

2. That's because

the ultra right wing jerks (O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh, etc) keep pumping junk infotainment at the the mass stupidity of the right wing dummies and by the time they are done, the whole lot of them are insane.........

Reply to this post

Response to titanicdave (Reply #2)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 06:25 PM

3. I believe you're right.

I've considered that the country suffered a bout of mass temporary insanity after 9/11, fueled by wall to wall coverage on all the media outlets. The whole of the country would have been fine eventually, had Fox not continued the pound the drum of partisan paranoia for 15 long years. "Shut down the border!" "Close the Mosques!" "Open the door to racial profiling!" "Get me another beer!".

I believe the Tea Party was borne of such "patriotic" fear, and went completely over the edge when a "Muslim" was elected president. To clarify my view, I believe the Tea Party lay dormant in the sunken foxhole of American society the whole time since 9/11. That strata of fearful hatred was kept simmering by Fox News, but their fundamental racism brought them to the surface in 2009 like an obedient army of ignorant zombies.

I predict that one day one of this recent spate of killers is going to be apprehended before he can finish himself off, and will cite specific quotes from his favorite Fox or AM radio hosts as his call to action. The ensuing civil law suits will change the voice of the media forever, and perhaps call for disclaimers that such shows are for entertainment only, and may or may not be based on actual fact. It still won't be voluntarily responsible journalism, but a matter of covering their legal asses, much like the cigarette companies did.

Reply to this post

Response to JohnnyRingo (Reply #3)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 09:03 PM

4. Hope so

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread