HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Ethics Filing Shows Corbe...

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 07:00 PM

Ethics Filing Shows Corbett(Pa.)Took Free Vacation from Businessman with Ties to Gas Industry!

In July 2011, Governor Corbett took a vacation to Rhode Island that was paid for by a central Pennsylvania businessman with ties to the natural gas drilling industry.

The trip was noted in a November revision to Corbett’s annual statement of financial interests with the State Ethics Commission. It shows that John Moran, Jr. spent $1,422 on air travel and hotel accommodations for the governor and First Lady Susan Corbett for a long weekend in Rhode Island. Moran also paid $901 to fly the governor on his private plane and helicopter to events in Pittsburgh and Williamsport in September 2011.

link

2 replies, 867 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ethics Filing Shows Corbett(Pa.)Took Free Vacation from Businessman with Ties to Gas Industry! (Original post)
yortsed snacilbuper Dec 2012 OP
blue neen Dec 2012 #1
enough Dec 2012 #2

Response to yortsed snacilbuper (Original post)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 07:28 PM

1. This is not much of a surprise.

Tom Corbett is one of the biggest corporate hacks out there. It's too bad he's the governor of Pennsylvania, but I wouldn't wish him on any other state, either!

On edit: Does anyone know who sits on the State Ethics Commission? I hope it's not any of Corbett's corporate buddies. They seem to be everywhere.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to yortsed snacilbuper (Original post)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 07:44 PM

2. Of course he did. (nt)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread