HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Let the damn thing go ove...

Thu Dec 20, 2012, 02:39 PM

Let the damn thing go over the cliff

I'm sick and tired of Obama and Pelosi cowering to the will of the right and all of their damaging ideas for this country. Around six weeks ago, we won the election, as the American people put Obama in charge for four more years and sent a message to the Repukes that we reject their ideas and their messages of hate. At this point, let the damn thing go over the cliff, take away all the W tax cuts, starve the bloated defense industry, sure we will unfortunately have some people that will suffer such as the folks on Unemployment, but that may be a price we have to pay. I find it absolutely sickening that Obama has even tried to come half way to meet the insane demands of Boehnner and his clowns,,, they have no juice to be calling any shots, Obama has the mandate, he has the will of the people to raise taxes on the wealthy, so it's time to stop caving during the negotiations. In my opinion, Harry Reid may have the biggest brass balls in Congress, so lets get Reid more involved in calling out these dirtballs especially since Pelosi seems to now be giving in on Social Security. Obama, let's go over the cliff, we have got your back, once we are over the cliff then you need to stand firm. No caving in, the taxes only go up on people that make over $250,000, no monkey business with SS, as these retired people can use ever dime they can get and force the GOP to rein in the bloated spending. In addition, bring the troops home, the cost alone would save us trillions, but it's time for you to sack up and give Boehnner a black eye.

2 replies, 523 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Let the damn thing go over the cliff (Original post)
Mojo2 Dec 2012 OP
Filibuster Harry Dec 2012 #1
Mojo2 Dec 2012 #2

Response to Mojo2 (Original post)

Thu Dec 20, 2012, 03:45 PM

1. Well put. It is sickening to see them cave. Now the $ 250,000 has gone to $ 400,000 to maybe

even $700,000.-. What gives? Can someone please explain why this is going on? I mean, if Romney would have one the Rs wouldn't even be talking about tax increases. They would only talk to Obama about keeping rates the same and maybe getting some spending cuts but by and large they would wait for mittens to come in and starve the gov't.

What happened to our re-elected president? And even Pelosi? We need Harry and his democratic senators to stand tall.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Mojo2 (Original post)

Fri Dec 21, 2012, 10:06 AM

2. Here comes Mr. Reid.

Well it's starting to look like I will get my wish to have Harry Reid more involved in the process, hey, that's what Boehner is asking the President to do. Once Plan B tanked, Boehner basically said let Harry handle this and then send it over for a vote.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread