HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Appears the Pope has comp...

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 11:08 AM

Appears the Pope has completely lost his mind

http://www.ibtimes.com/pope-gay-marriage-pope-benedict-xvi-says-same-sex-marriage-unnatural-threat-justice-peace-942132?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ibtimes%2Ftech+%28IBTimes.com+RSS+Feed+-+Technology%29

Pope On Gay Marriage: Pope Benedict XVI Says Same-Sex Marriage ‘Unnatural’, Threat To 'Justice And Peace’

BY Kukil Bora | December 17 2012 12:04 AM

Pope Benedict XVI said in his World Day Of Peace 2013 address last week that gay marriage is a threat to “justice and peace” in the world. The 85-year-old religious leader even said that same-sex marriage is "unnatural” as any support of same-sex union offends the natural laws of faith and justice.

The Associated Press reported that the head of the Roman Catholic Church announced the beginning of the Christmas season Friday with the traditional lighting of the tree in St. Peter's Square in the Vatican City. The Holy See also released the Pope’s special message for World Day of Peace 2013 on the same day.

According to a report by Gay Star News, the Pope suggested in his annual address that same-sex marriage is “unnatural” and "against human nature.” Here is an excerpt from the speech of the religious leader:

10 replies, 1647 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to NNN0LHI (Original post)

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 11:10 AM

1. News flash: Popes haven't been of sound mind since . . . the beginning! :) n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 11:11 AM

2. the pope is a disgusting disgrace to the human race

fuck you! I hate your damned dishonest guts old man!

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 11:13 AM

3. Not interested in what the Pontifical Protector of Pedophiles has to say.

To hell with the old Nazi.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 11:18 AM

4. And yet millions of catholics around the world continue to give money, time, and cover...

for this despicable institution.

I'd say that the pope isn't the problem here.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 11:20 AM

5. The Pope thinks it's okay for priests to rape boys

but says it's wrong for two consenting adult men men to love one another or marry.

This is a sick, sick mind.

Reply to this post

Response to LiberalEsto (Reply #5)

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 11:39 AM

10. Ditto this.

This is one sick freak.

I'm guessing that gay marriage is a threat to his religious cult. I can't even fathom how people like this think, it is just so irrational. And the guy has followers who believe his every word? That is just unbelievable, though true.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 11:23 AM

6. That's a threat. It's a nod of "holy" "understanding" to violence against gays. shameful. SHAMEFUL!

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 11:28 AM

7. The only people disturbing the peace over this issue are homophobics attacking gays.

Ant the Pope just granted them leave to do it. Congratulations, Bennie.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 11:31 AM

8. What do you expect from an 85 year old ex-Hitler Youth?

Jo Ratzinger is Pope because for decades he headed the office in the Vatican that suppressed all progressive thinking within the Church, worldwide. He carried out his mission to purge the Jesuits, in particular, of all populist and Left-wing influences.

That's why there are so many ex-Catholics, particularly in America.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 11:39 AM

9. I don't expect the Catholic church to actually support gay marriage--

not in my lifetime. That would be a true shocker. But I am totally not getting the "threat to justice and peace" BS--I suppose he's ratcheting up the rhetoric as he sees the world change around him, and watches the church's power and influence continue to slip.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread