HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Drudge and Alex Jones was...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 06:03 PM

Drudge and Alex Jones waste no time collaborating on tinfoil hat theories over school shooting

Big headline at Drudge's site, "ALEX JONES: 'THE FIX IS IN, THEY'RE COMING FOR OUR GUNS'..." leads to video from lunatic birther/troofer and fatass tinfoil hat cottage industry leader Jones, titled "Obama caught fake crying," in which Jones and legion of idiot commenters claim Obama "wiped away a tear with his middle finger" and that he's planning to enact that usual standard rightwing crackpot scenario of a gun grab.

Given Drudge's close ties to and past coordination with GOP leadership, it just goes to show that the Republican Party has no sense of shame and gets downright giddy at the chance to use a tragedy to stir up yet more rightwing paranoia.

Nothing new for Drudge here - he's got a history of pushing Jones idiotic] theories about birth certificates, secession and every other dumb rightwing cause of the moment.

The fringe lunatics define today's GOP.

18 replies, 3134 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 18 replies Author Time Post
Reply Drudge and Alex Jones waste no time collaborating on tinfoil hat theories over school shooting (Original post)
Adenoid_Hynkel Dec 2012 OP
JI7 Dec 2012 #1
NICO9000 Dec 2012 #6
Comrade_McKenzie Dec 2012 #2
nycgiants9944 Dec 2012 #9
jimmy the one Dec 2012 #3
Lex Dec 2012 #4
Chakab Dec 2012 #5
otohara Dec 2012 #15
Dawson Leery Dec 2012 #7
Kablooie Dec 2012 #8
Brigid Dec 2012 #10
Jennicut Dec 2012 #11
world wide wally Dec 2012 #12
struggle4progress Dec 2012 #13
tarheelsunc Dec 2012 #14
Azathoth Dec 2012 #16
okieinpain Dec 2012 #17
Behind the Aegis Dec 2012 #18

Response to Adenoid_Hynkel (Original post)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 06:06 PM

1. didn't some washed up singer from some band accuse Obama

of being behind some of the recent shootings like the temple one so he could take away guns ?

this was before the election.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to JI7 (Reply #1)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 08:09 PM

6. That was Dave Mustaine of Megadeth

Ex-junkie, Xtian fundie, and birther. What a winning combo!

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 06:50 PM

2. Alex Jones is responsible for a lot of loons in this country. nt

Reply to this post

Response to Comrade_McKenzie (Reply #2)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 09:59 PM

9. yes he is

what a batshit loon

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 07:20 PM

3. ted nugent, gunnut extraordinaire-ily sick

Where would a rightwing gunnut looney thread be without an honorable mention of 'ted nugent'? that sick sunny Va beach:

During a featured speech at the 2011 NRA Convention, Nugent told the audience, "If it was up to me, if you uttered the word 'gun control,' we'd put you in jail."

Nugent is also well known for being a loud and aggressive supporter of gun rights in the United States. Serving on the Board of Directors of the National Rifle Association since 1995,,, In 2008, Nugent was the recipient of $40,000 in fees from .

“So 4 SCOTUS idiots dont believe in self defense. Pure evil.” Nugent was referring to Supreme Court Justices Breyer, Ginsburg, Sotomayor and Kagan

2012 performance at the Republic of Texas Biker Rally, Nugent .. then asked the “Republic of Texas Motherf--kers" if they were "ready to dance with Uncle Ted." ... Finally, Nugent gave a shout-out to the "NRA gun nut motherf--kers out there … Put a f--king gun in your hand, Texas, stormtroopers coming … They, unfortunately, are the real enemies right now. We're gonna fix it in November, aren't we boys and girls?" you lost nugent, obama won.

concert 2007, Nugent called then-Senator Barack Obama a “piece of shit” and then-Senator Hillary Clinton as a “worthless bitch.” Wielding an assault rifle in each hand, he suggested that Senators Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein “suck on” his guns.

2006 performance of his song “Kiss My Glock,” Nugent called both gun control advocate Sarah Brady (whose husband Jim Brady was seriously injured in an assassination attempt on Reagan) and former Atty Gen Janet Reno “a dirty whore” and civil rights activist Jesse Jackson “a piece of shit.” Nugent also shot a crossbow at an effigy of Reno, causing its pants to fall off and reveal a giant phallus.

.. what a sick man, what a sick gunnut nugent is. More guns, more lies.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 07:25 PM

4. Extremists and terrorist sympathizers. nt

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 07:44 PM

5. Alex Jones is such an unbelievable

piece of shit. I remember seeing him ranting and raving on Austin public access TV back in the 90s when I lived there. If you'd told me back then that he'd develop a worldwide following and become king of the conspiracy nuts, I would have laughed.

Reply to this post

Response to Chakab (Reply #5)

Sun Dec 16, 2012, 10:28 PM

15. My Friend Was A Huge BO Supporter, Then He Found This Asshole

and did a 180 and now he hates the president.

He volunteered more than anyone I knew in 08 - then shortly after the inauguration he embraced the conspiracy theory
sites and became crazy.

His emails were unhinged and I had to put a stop to it.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 09:36 PM

7. Jones is a skinhead.

While he had no love for Bush jr, he never called for violence or revolution.
Now he is calling for it.

His conspiracy nonsense regarding the Newtown shootings is pure b.s.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 09:46 PM

8. On FR someone talked about the shooter being sent by Obama to help eliminate guns.

He was serious too.

The insanity of the right has no bounds.

Reply to this post

Response to Kablooie (Reply #8)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:21 PM

10. I wondered how long it would take for that one to start.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:49 PM

11. I am so not in the mood for these people's bull crap tonight. This is a game to them, selling

conspiracy theories.
I had to tell my kids that there was a shooting in our state today and 20 kids in Newtown are dead. Their friends were talking about it already. Jesus Christ on a stick. The media swarm that descended on Newtown today was bad enough. Using tragedy to profit because crazies will listen to your show is gross.

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 12:16 AM

12. I hope they fucking do

When I was growing up in the 50's, we were afraid to have a blade longer then 3 inches on a knife because it was against the law, or so we heard. But we were free, having just come out of WW II. Now they are pushing for children in schools and teachers to be allowed to carry guns. I'm sure these 7 year olds would have gunned down the assailant.

Hunting is fine, so sure, own a shotgun or 30-30 rifle. Beyond that , it is all bullshit

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 01:51 AM

13. "I'm a jackass! he's a jackass! she's a jackass! we're a jackass! wouldn't you

like to be a jackass too?"

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 09:21 AM

14. Even the righties can't fall for Alex Jones' crap, can they?

Drudge pushing Alex's garbage is just a sign to me he has completely given up on finding real news. I know there are a lot of paranoid freaks who believe some of the things he says, but even 99% of Republicans have to have more sanity than that, don't they? If they start believing this garbage, I'm going to be really worried, mostly for their mental well-being.

Reply to this post

Response to tarheelsunc (Reply #14)

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 01:00 AM

16. They've been systematically partitioned off from reality

The right-wing media has pumped billions of dollars into cultivating paranoia and distrust not only of the government but also of the news media, academia, science, and any other source of factually-grounded information.

Once you get an entire group of people to that point, Alex Jones is just the logical next step.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 02:28 AM

17. this folks is why I hope president obama

passes on this. it needs to be taken up by someone else. you have to admit president obama fits right into their fantasy of the foreigners coming to take their guns so the evil one can overtake the country.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 17, 2012, 02:35 AM

18. They aren't the only ones pumping these odd conspiracy therioes.

The Internet: bringing nutjobs together!

Well, I have "heard" it is the "Jew media" responsible, and that Lanza is actually a Jew (though that doesn't seem to be gaining traction except for that "special" little corner of the web living in 1938). Shit like this is going to keep coming out for days and weeks. We'll see what sticks and keeps getting promoted.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread