HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Fox Paints Labor Unions A...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Dec 11, 2012, 06:01 PM

Fox Paints Labor Unions As A Bunch Of Boozers And Stoners

Guest Laura Ingraham agreed. “Next time, like something falls off your Chrysler, like your steering wheel cover kind of slips off? Well, now we know why.” She started laughing.

Doocy chimed in, “It was made after lunch.”

Ingraham continued, “Stuff… knobs always fall off because, oh man, ‘Let’s get another nickel bag before I go back to work.’ It’s ridiculous.”

Gretchen Carlson said, “It speaks to the power of the union. You know, it really does. And whatever they had in the language of the contract, the arbitrator sided with them. So they must have this sort of iron-clad language.”

Apparently, that “iron-clad language” is that sufficient and conclusive evidence is needed before a worker can be fired. But Carlson made it sound as though enforcing a contract that protects workers is a bad thing.

There was also the unmistakeable suggestion that only union workers get high on the job and avoid getting fired. As though the two go hand in hand and the union is to blame for the entire thing.

Ingraham added, “Maybe Chrysler will rue the day" that they were "so lax and tolerant of, you know, union power.”

http://crooksandliars.com/news-hound-ellen/fox-paints-labor-unions-drinking-

2 replies, 822 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Fox Paints Labor Unions As A Bunch Of Boozers And Stoners (Original post)
UCmeNdc Dec 2012 OP
TForbster Dec 2012 #1
ShadowLiberal Dec 2012 #2

Response to UCmeNdc (Original post)

Tue Dec 11, 2012, 06:08 PM

1. Spam deleted by gkhouston (MIR Team)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to UCmeNdc (Original post)

Tue Dec 11, 2012, 07:58 PM

2. Fox Propaganda, only the bad stories, never the good like bosses overreactions and unions help

Never heard stories on Fox like the one I heard a few years ago about a postal worker of over 10 years who got fired for saving a boy from a mean dog that was chasing him.

She broke a security rule by letting the boy ride in the mail truck when taking him to safety away from the dog, then got fired when her boss asked why she was later then usual that day.

I know the local union stepped in to help her, but never heard the results of that.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread