HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Crist's political hat tri...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Dec 8, 2012, 12:01 AM

Crist's political hat trick: Former GOP governor, independent candidate announces switch to Dem

Posted by
CNN's Gregory Wallace and Kevin Bohn

(CNN) Former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, who served his state as a Republican, then sought office as an independent, indicated late Friday he had signed papers switching his party affiliation to Democrat.

Crist posted to Twitter a photo of himself holding voter regisration paperwork and the message, "Proud and honored to join the Democratic Party in the home of President @BarackObama!"

The news may come as little surprise to Sunshine State Republicans, who watched him campaign for Obama this cycle and speak at the Democratic National Convention.

Crist told The Tampa Bay Times newspaper, "I've had friends for years tell me, 'You know Charlie, you're a Democrat and you know it.' " ...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/07/crists-political-hat-trick-former-gop-governor-independent-candidate-announces-switch-to-dem/

4 replies, 958 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Crist's political hat trick: Former GOP governor, independent candidate announces switch to Dem (Original post)
struggle4progress Dec 2012 OP
Cha Dec 2012 #1
mgcgulfcoast Dec 2012 #2
Hun Joro Dec 2012 #4
BlueJazz Dec 2012 #3

Response to struggle4progress (Original post)

Sat Dec 8, 2012, 05:17 AM

1. If you're a Democrat and you know it..clap your hands!.. if you're

a Democrat and you know it.. clap your hands!.. If you're a Democrat and you know it and you really want to show it... Change Your Party!

Sorry

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Cha (Reply #1)

Sat Dec 8, 2012, 07:40 AM

2. i dont trust back stabbers

crist can go do something to himself.

Reply to this post

Response to mgcgulfcoast (Reply #2)

Sat Dec 8, 2012, 12:15 PM

4. Agreed. nt

Reply to this post

Response to struggle4progress (Original post)

Sat Dec 8, 2012, 10:06 AM

3. I knew Crist was a Dem when he fought so hard for the teachers and stood up...

...to this state's nasty-ass Repugs.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread