Meet Gubernatorial Candidate Ken Cuccinelli, Virginia’s Todd Akin
By Josh Israel on Dec 3, 2012 at 10:58 am
Virginia’s Republican Party appears poised to nominate state Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli to be its candidate for governor in 2013 — embracing a man whose extreme political views bear striking resemblance to those of unsuccessful 2012 Senate candidate Rep. Todd Akin (R-MO).
With his fervent anti-science, anti-choice, and anti-LGBT, anti-federal government activism, Akin’s extreme positions were well known long before his infamous August pronouncement that victims of “legitimate rape” are unlikely to become pregnant helped derail his 2012 U.S. Senate campaign. Cuccinelli’s views closely mirror Akin’s in all of those areas.
1. He wants an abortion ban with no exceptions for rape or incest. -snip-
2. He does not believe LGBT people deserve legal protections. -snip-
3. He is a climate-change denier. -snip-
4. He suggested President Obama stole the 2012 election.-snip
5. He wants Arizona-style anti-immigrant policies and self-deportation. -snip-