HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Romneyworld news round up...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 10:41 AM

Romneyworld news round up.

"It may take election experts years to unravel the mystery of why Mitt Romney was convinced he had won the 2012 presidential election.."

"internal polls mystery deepens"
http://news.yahoo.com/romney-internal-polls-mystery-deepens-republic-report-143811101.html

" Mitt has resorted to retail therapy.."
"By all accounts, the past month has been most difficult on Romney’s wife, Ann, who friends said believed up until the end that ascending to the White House was their destiny. They said she has been crying in private and trying to get back to riding her horses."

http://news.yahoo.com/ann-romney-might-taking-loss-harder-mitt-231529114.html

This stuff will still be funny years from now.

8 replies, 1277 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to lalalu (Original post)

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 10:53 AM

1. hysterical...

The RMoney's found something that couldn't be bought or stolen... it must be terribly disappointing for them all... my heart bleeds... NOT.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 11:41 AM

2. I have to be honest...

When I heard about Robme not having a concession speech, etc. I honestly thought it was just a bunch of hot air being spewed. Kind of like when the opponent comes to the podium and whether s/he is ahead or not in the polls they always introduce him/her as the next President of the United States.

Now after reading all of these news stories I'm just shaking my head thinking, "Really? You really, honestly thought you had it in the bag?"

Reply to this post

Response to LeftofObama (Reply #2)

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 07:00 PM

6. In retrospect

It is highly alarming (and disturbing) to learn how out of touch he, his family, and his campaign were (and I'm sure you could add the Mormon Church in there as well for good measure).

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 01:26 PM

3. Romney could have looked at the map at electoral-vote.com before the election

it was easy to see what was going on from the map.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 01:43 PM

4. Advance denial. Elections as a buyable commodity. The midset of privileged entitlement.

Psychologists (and political scientists) should be having a field day with these right about now.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 06:09 PM

5. Just wait until Tagg, JOsh and the other Romney boys

figure out "Volunteer" KKKarl bilked them of their money along with billions from the Kochs, Adelsons, Trump, etc., They're gonna form a search party headed by Annie like the early Settlers did to hunt down that POS. 2013 is going to be a memorable year....

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 07:28 PM

7. Self delusion is a horrible thing. It's even worse when an entire organizatrion engages in it.

Romneyworld was self delusion on a grand scale from day 1.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 11:31 PM

8. I really, really wish I could have been a fly on the wall as the results came in...

Oh the meltdown. It was probably glorious.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread