HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » LTTE from my former landl...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 12:27 AM

LTTE from my former landlady

The Republicans might have won the election if only they'd shut up about abortion and embraced pro-choice. They need to enter the present time zone and realize that an abortion is between a woman and her doctor--not a woman and her government. They lost too many women voters on that issue. And if only they had Marco Rubio as their vice presidential choice, they'd have gotten some of the Hispanic vote. Instead they picked a younger version of Romney, adding nothing to the mix.
-
Almost every week she would write her hatemail to the editor. Her personality was worse. I had to move out. I ended up homeless for two months sleeping in the back of my truck. I can't decide which was worse, living with her or being homeless.

3 replies, 1040 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply LTTE from my former landlady (Original post)
Cartoonist Dec 2012 OP
xfundy Dec 2012 #1
Cartoonist Dec 2012 #2
SouthernDonkey Dec 2012 #3

Response to Cartoonist (Original post)

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 01:11 AM

1. It's frightening how close many Americans are to homelessness.

America, the richest nation on earth. Where anyone who's not rich can have everything taken from them if they dare to get sick, have an accident, lose a job.

I hope you're in your own home by now. On the plus side, at least you had a truck! Many don't even have that much.

Myself, I'm trying to avoid homelessness, hoping to get out of this awful southern town filled with rednecks, repigs, gun nuts and "christians" who love to hate people they've never met. I was born here, so I can report the truth.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to xfundy (Reply #1)

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 01:24 AM

2. I don't mean to make light of homelessness

The thing that bothered me the most of my recent experience was the number of other people living in their own trucks, cars or vans. I was woken by the cops one morning and told it was illegal to sleep in my truck. I had to park in another town.

Reply to this post

Response to Cartoonist (Reply #2)

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 06:38 AM

3. Aint that some shit!

It's illegal to sleep in your truck!!! What a fucking country we have become. But it's legal if your in a tractor trailer with a sleeper cab? Seems like that would be sleeping in your truck as well. You don't have a home, but you can't sleep in your truck. I guess they want you lying in a doorway somewhere with a piece of cardboard and no shelter whatsoever! We have GOT to fix this fucking place!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread