HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Let's Get Busy Tomorrow M...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Nov 25, 2012, 03:21 PM

Let's Get Busy Tomorrow Morning Shall We?

2 replies, 674 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Let's Get Busy Tomorrow Morning Shall We? (Original post)
johnlennon_shallrise Nov 2012 OP
limpyhobbler Nov 2012 #1
Filibuster Harry Nov 2012 #2

Response to johnlennon_shallrise (Original post)

Sun Nov 25, 2012, 10:36 PM

1. All we have to do to achieve this is to do nothing and let the Bush tax cuts expire,

then propose a tax cut for people under $250,000 the very next day. That's too easy. The Democrats hold all the cards. If Boehner wants to do anything he needs to come up with a 2/3 super-majority to override a veto. There is no need to compromise with the repukes. They have no power and no leverage unless they can override a veto with 2/3.

The responsibility for this budget is almost totally with the Democratic Party. I would rather focus my phone calls toward the Democrats, especially Pres. Obama, telling him not to sign any cuts to the safety-net programs. The real threat right now, in my opinion, is that Dems and repukes will reach a compromise where Dems agree to cut vital social protections in exchange for repukes letting taxes go up a little for the wealthy. That would be a horrible deal for working families. We don't need to make that deal because Dems hold most of the leverage.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to johnlennon_shallrise (Original post)

Mon Nov 26, 2012, 03:17 PM

2. LET' S DO IT !!!! TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY FROM THESE OBSTRUCTIONISTS !!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread