HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » 'Fiscal Cliff' laugh at a...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 23, 2012, 06:18 PM

'Fiscal Cliff' laugh at any Republican that utters these words!

'Fiscal Cliff' and say let's JUMP!

4 replies, 1152 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Fiscal Cliff' laugh at any Republican that utters these words! (Original post)
UCmeNdc Nov 2012 OP
cliffordu Nov 2012 #1
reggaehead Nov 2012 #2
ljm2002 Nov 2012 #3
TeamPooka Nov 2012 #4

Response to UCmeNdc (Original post)

Fri Nov 23, 2012, 08:13 PM

1. My name is NOT 'Fiscal Cliff'

Really. Harumph.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 23, 2012, 09:39 PM

2. you say fiscal cliff

I say double-gainer

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 23, 2012, 09:41 PM

3. Seriously!

If it's a "fiscal cliff" as they claim, then why the heck did they sign off on it in the first place? There was a big hoopla at the time, we avoided defaulting on our debt and the debt ceiling was raised. In return the Republicans signed off on the deal, thinking they could get a better deal later. That's what they are trying to do now, by employing scary terminology and getting everyone including the Democrats to go along with the framing (natch, that what's Democrats do it seems) and of course the media has picked up on a nice, simple-sounding, colorful term to describe what will happen to us if Gasp! we keep to an agreement that lawmakers on BOTH sides of the aisle wrote and agreed to!

Geez. No wonder approval for Congress has reached all-time lows.

But my question to them is simple: why the hell did you write a fiscal cliff into law? If it's such an emergency, then why they hell didn't you see that it would be an emergency when you wrote it in the first place?

Of course the real answer from Republicans is, We didn't think it would ever REALLY be implemented! Heaven forfend! We just had to make a face-saving agreement after we held the entire economy hostage while we refused to raise the debt ceiling unless there were some real measures taken to cut the deficit.

Well, here we are, and we are about to implement something that you assh*oles agreed to, and it will cut the deficit. I'm not seeing a problem.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 25, 2012, 11:12 PM

4. It's a Fiscal Cliff Claven - ignorantly misinformed nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread